Unit Manager - Senior Nurse
Unit Manager/ Senior Nurse
RMN & RNLD only
Lakeview is Exemplar Health Care’s newest nurse-led care home. It is a 30 bed service for adults with complex needs, divided into three 10-bed units (including two specialist bariatric bedroom suites). With expertise across a range of neuro-disabilities, mental ill-health, brain injury, stroke and early-onset dementia, at Lakeview the focus is on what matters to people.
Our approach is about making sure people are at the centre of their care whilst involving other people who make a difference in the person’s life – family, friends and the community.
As a Unit Manager with Exemplar Health Care, you will take the role of a senior nurse on duty and have responsibility for a team of nursing and care staff. You will lead by example, delivering hands-on nursing care and providing strong leadership to your team. You will have a person centred ethos and be committed to enriching the lives of the individuals in your care.
On a day to day basis, you will have clinical, people and general management responsibilities and these will include:
- Conducting pre-admission assessments, assessing client care requirements
- Working with the MDT to ensure that care provided is appropriate and relevant to the individual's care package
Provide safe and effective processes for the ordering, handling, storage, administration, recording and disposal of drugs
- Maintain cost effective controls of all clinical supplies (including ordering, storage, stock rotation and correct usage)
- Review and document care plans on a regular basis
Positively promote the home
- Participate in an on-call system to support the nurse in charge
- Participate in recruitment, supervision and training of staff
- Deputising for the Registered Manager as necessary
- Report all compliments , comments and complaints
- Complying with all legal and regulatory policies and procedures
- Promoting choice, independence, dignity and respect
- Adhering to the NMC Code and updating your professional knowledge
You should hold a level 1 nursing qualification (RGN/RMN/RNLD) and have a current PIN.
What do we offer?
- Comprehensive induction and training programme
- On-going development
- Competitive rates of pay
- A challenging and rewarding work environment
- Career progression
- Employee benefits scheme 'Exemplar Rewards' - online shopping, discounts and vouchers
If this sounds like the type of opportunity that you are looking for, and you would like to find out more, please call our Recruitment team on 01709 565700 or you can apply online by clicking the Apply Now box