Position: Home Manager
Care home: Havenmere Care Home
Location: Havenmere, 191 Pelham Rd, Immingham DN40 1JP
Contract type: Full time, 40 hours
Rate: Competitive salary
Care home CQC rating: ‘Good’
This is an exciting opportunity to work for a forward-thinking and growing provider. Join us as our new Home Manager at Havenmere care home in Immingham.
Havenmere is a leading care service for adults living with complex and high acuity needs.
This role offers you the opportunity to shape your own service and team, and really make a difference to people’s lives.
We have innovative digital systems to support you in all aspects of running your home, so you can spend less time doing paperwork and more time with your team and the people you support
For Managers wishing to develop and grow, our training is second to none. We have a range of in-house leadership and management development programmes to support your career development.
About Exemplar Health Care
Havenmere is part of Exemplar Health Care, a leading provider of nursing care for adults living with complex and high acuity needs.
Havenmere complex needs care home in Immingham, Lincolnshire specialises in supporting adults living with neurological conditions and neuro-disabilities including brain injuries and Huntington's disease, complex mental health needs and spinal injuries.
Our Nurse-led team has the skills and expertise to support people with complex needs including prolonged disorders of consciousness and behaviours of concern, and those who require tracheostomies, ventilators and PEG feeding tubes.
Rated ‘Good’ by the CQC, Havenmere has 38 large bedrooms, each with en-suite across four units. We support people on their rehabilitation journey from hospital or living in a secure setting to community-based living. We also provide long term support for people living with degenerative or life-limiting illnesses.
As well as stable and secure employment opportunities, we offer great benefits and perks, and plenty of opportunities to learn, develop and progress.
About the role
As a Home Manager with Exemplar Health Care, you won’t just manage your home, you’ll be the heartbeat of everything that happens there.
You’ll be given a great deal of autonomy and will lead by example, driving your team and pushing for continuous improvement daily. You’ll provide person-centred and quality driven care to ensure that you make every day better for the people who live and work in your home.
This is both an inward and outward focused position, demanding attention to multiple factors, including but not limited to:
- quality initiatives and improvement
- team leadership and management
- recruitment and colleague development
- referral management and occupancy
- data collection, analysis and interpretation
- financial management
- customer relationships and marketing to ensure business sustainability and success.
Download our job description to read more: https://brochures.exemplarhc.com/view/189524759/
Above all, you’re someone who identifies with our Exemplar Health Care values of fun, integrity, responsiveness, success and teamwork.
You must also have a first-level nursing registration with a valid Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) PIN.
As this is a leadership role, you should have a minimum of three years management experience, ideally in a complex care setting. The role is also ideal for an experienced Deputy Manager looking for the next step in their career.
You’re also someone with:
- a thorough understanding of nursing care best practice, sector specific and employer legislation and governance frameworks
- great communication skills, able to build relationships with local commissioners and professionals
- the ability to inspire, lead and manage a team
- excellent time management skills, able to manage conflicting priorities and meet deadlines
- an excellent range of clinical, business, digital and operational skills.
What we offer
We offer great rewards and perks including:
- excellent supervision, peer support, learning opportunities and career prospects
- retail and lifestyle reward discounts
- excellent bonus scheme upon meeting KPIs
- excellent pension plan
- Bupa health care cover
- electric car salary sacrifice scheme
- paid NMC membership
- paid access to the RCNi Learning platform
- 24/7 counselling and support
- Blue Light Card eligibility.
How to apply
Sound good? We’d love to hear from you. Click the button to ‘APPLY NOW’.
For an informal chat about joining us, you can call our Management Talent Specialist on email@example.com or 0749530204.
Please note, this role is not eligible for sponsorship. Candidates without an existing visa or right to work in the UK are unlikely to be suitable for the post.