Tyne Grange, Newcastle upon Tyne
Care Home Tyne Grange
Location: Newcastle Upon Tyne (NE4)
Contract type: Full time, permanent
Rate: £36,000 per annum.
Please click on this link to view the job description: https://brochures.exemplarhc.com/view/1030006691/
About Exemplar Health Care:
We have over 20 years of experience providing exceptional specialist nursing care for adults living with complex and high acuity needs. We started our journey as a training company, and have grown into one of the country’s leading providers of adult specialist care, with over 35 complex needs care homes in England.
Our vision is that adults living with complex needs can access outstanding specialist care and support, in a community-based home that’s close to their family and friends, and that focuses on their personal goals and outcomes. Our person-centred care is the bedrock for maximising independence, building everyday living skills and empowering people to live as fulfilled lives as possible.
Our mission is to make every day better for the people we support and our colleagues. We’re proud of the culture that we’ve created at Exemplar Health Care, which is underpinned by our vision, mission and values.
About Tyne Grange
Tyne Grange is a specialist nursing facility, located close to the vibrant centre of Newcastle, and opened in late 2020. We have 20 en-suite bedrooms and two pathway apartments, complemented with therapy rooms, spacious communal areas and attractive gardens.
We operate a multi-disciplinary model of care, which includes Nursing, Physiotherapy, Occupational Therapy, and access to a full behavioural support team. We provide active rehabilitation, community integration, and a high quality of supported living for those who reside with us. We are certainly not your average service, as you will note the second you step through our doors.
We are looking for an Occupational Therapist to join our therapy services in Tyne Grange, alongside the support of an experienced Physiotherapist and Therapy Assistant. Your enthusiasm, warmth and compassion is fundamental in helping our service users to feel respected, included and cared for. Working with our team of specialist nurses and support workers you will be expected to contribute to integrated care planning with the aim of enabling our services users to reach their goals.
- Taking responsibility for a clinical caseload
- Carrying out assessments and reviews, (including neuro rehabilitation, gait analysis, respiratory care) ensuring that service users receive appropriate treatment
- Using appropriate communication skills and tools to communicate with service users
- Monitoring, evaluating and recording patient progress, modifying treatment plans as required
- Liaising with agencies including GPs, consultants, hospital staff, PCTs and social services
- Liaising with the nursing team and care staff at the care home.
- Working as part of a team
- Delegation of therapy to assistant therapist, activities co-ordinators and support workers
- Attend MDT meetings
- Be an advocate for therapy for the service user
- Maintain accurate and comprehensive documentation in line with legal requirements
- Assisting with the training of other health care staff as required
- We expect that you will be a qualified physiotherapist, ideally from within the private sector however this is not essential.
- HCPC registered.
- Experience in tracheostomy, mental health, and neurological care would also be advantageous, however, full training is provided via our comprehensive induction.
- 25 days holiday + stats
- CPD accredited leadership training
- Access to the apprenticeship levy for additional qualifications
- Exemplar rewards – childcare vouchers, retail discounts and vouchers.
- Employee assistance program – 24 hour helpline.
- Pension plan.
- Free car parking.
- Paid DBS
- Outstanding career progression.
- Comprehensive induction program
About Our Values:
At Exemplar Health Care, our FIRST values underpin everything that we do and ensure that we continue to make every day better for our residents and colleagues; our values are:
Equality, Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging:
At Exemplar Health Care you will work in an inclusive environment in which we champion diversity. We understand the importance of our workforce representing the communities and populations we serve. We provide a work place where you are encouraged to be yourself whilst offering our colleagues and our service users support, care and a place of belonging.
How to Apply:
For further details on the role please apply online contact the recruitment team on 01977 630 830 for an informal chat.
“There are many career opportunities at Exemplar Health Care and the support that I’ve received has been amazing. Everyone at Exemplar Health Care is committed to not only our residents, but each other. I am proud to be part of the Exemplar family.”
Nurse – Exemplar Health Care
Rewarding your dedication
Whether it’s RCNi membership or NMC PIN payment for Nurses, or lifestyle and retail discounts for everyone, we’re always thinking about new ways of saying ‘thank you’ for being part of our team.
Lifestyle and retail discounts - all colleagues can access great savings and monthly discounts on high street shops, restaurants, pubs and holidays, as well as 2-for-1 cinema tickets.
Employee Assistance Programme - all colleagues can access 24/7 counselling and support through our wellbeing partner, Care First.
Pension plan - after 3 months, you’ll be auto-enrolled into our pension scheme with NOW pensions, where you’ll have up to 5% of your earnings (depending on your salary) put into the pension and we’ll contribute an additional 3%.
Paid DBS check - we’ll pay for all new starters to have a DBS check, so you don’t need to cover the cost.
Referral bonus - if you recommend a friend for a care role with us, you’ll both receive £150, and you can refer as many people as you like.
Career development opportunities - there are lots of opportunities to develop your skills and progress in your career at Exemplar Health Care, if you wish. Find out more.