Woolston House, Woolston, Warrington
Care Home: Woolston House
Location: Warrington (WA1)
Contract type: Permanent - full time
Shifts Available: Administrator hours
About Exemplar Health Care:
We have over 20 years of experience providing exceptional specialist nursing care for adults living with complex and high acuity needs. We started our journey as a training company, and have grown into one of the country’s leading providers of adult specialist care, with over 35 complex needs care homes in England.
Our vision is that adults living with complex needs can access outstanding specialist care and support, in a community-based home that’s close to their family and friends, and that focuses on their personal goals and outcomes. Our person-centred care is the bedrock for maximising independence, building everyday living skills and empowering people to live as fulfilled lives as possible.
Our mission is to make every day better for the people we support and our colleagues. We’re proud of the culture that we’ve created at Exemplar Health Care, which is underpinned by our vision, mission and values.
About Woolston House
Woolston House will be a specialist care service that supports people living with complex and high acuity needs. The home will specialise in supporting adults with complex mental health needs, neuro disabilities and physical disabilities .
About the Role:
- Assist the Office Manager in maintaining accurate and complete financial records of the home in line with company policies using computerised and manual systems
- Provide administrative/secretarial support for all activities of the home including taking and transcribing minutes of meetings
- Establish and maintain filing systems and ensure accurate and speedy recovery of data and records
- Articulately share relevant information within your home
- Establish and maintain quality records
- Keep business diaries, organise appointments and make travel arrangements
- Secure Service User and company property and premises
- Answer the telephone, respond to enquiries from Service Users and visitors at reception, and re-direct enquiries where appropriate
- Order staff uniforms and maintain stationary supplies keeping accurate records accordingly
- Produce any letters required by home management
- Maintain a professional environment at all times including reception area and promote high standards throughout the home
- In order to be effective in this role, you’ll need to have great communication skills, both written and verbal and be able to liaise with people at all levels including staff, visitors and service users
- A good working knowledge of Microsoft Office packages including Outlook, Word and Excel is required
- We expect that you’ll have had some previous administration/secretarial experience and if you’ve worked in a care/nursing home environment it would be beneficial but not essential
- You’ll need to be able to produce work to a high standard, with minimal errors, so an eye for detail and accuracy is an absolute must, as is an ability to work to tight deadlines
About Your Career:
At Exemplar Health Care, we’re committed to investing in our colleagues. We recognise talent and promote from within.
There are a range of diverse roles within Exemplar Health Care, both in the administrator stream and within our Central Services Team
About Your Benefits*:
- 5.6 weeks holiday per year
- Exemplar rewards including retail discounts and vouchers
- Pension plan
- Free car parking
- Outstanding career progression
- Comprehensive induction program
- Opportunity to progress and complete NVQ qualifications
About Our Values:
At Exemplar Health Care, our FIRST values underpin everything that we do and ensure that we continue to make every day better for our residents and colleagues; our values are:
Equality, Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging:
At Exemplar Health Care you will work in an inclusive environment in which we champion diversity. We understand the importance of our workforce representing the communities and populations we serve. We provide a work place where you are encouraged to be yourself whilst offering our colleagues and our service users support, care and a place of belonging.
How to Apply:
For further details on the role please email: email@example.com
“There are many career opportunities at Exemplar Health Care and the support that I’ve received has been amazing. Everyone at Exemplar Health Care is committed to not only our residents, but each other. I am proud to be part of the Exemplar family.”
Nurse – Exemplar Health Care
Rewarding your dedication
Whether it’s RCNi membership or NMC PIN payment for Nurses, or lifestyle and retail discounts for everyone, we’re always thinking about new ways of saying ‘thank you’ for being part of our team.
Lifestyle and retail discounts - all colleagues can access great savings and monthly discounts on high street shops, restaurants, pubs and holidays, as well as 2-for-1 cinema tickets.
Employee Assistance Programme - all colleagues can access 24/7 counselling and support through our wellbeing partner, Care First.
Pension plan - after 3 months, you’ll be auto-enrolled into our pension scheme with NOW pensions, where you’ll have up to 5% of your earnings (depending on your salary) put into the pension and we’ll contribute an additional 3%.
Paid DBS check - we’ll pay for all new starters to have a DBS check, so you don’t need to cover the cost.
Referral bonus - if you recommend a friend for a care role with us, you’ll both receive £150, and you can refer as many people as you like.
Career development opportunities - there are lots of opportunities to develop your skills and progress in your career at Exemplar Health Care, if you wish. Find out more.