Exemplar Health Care partners with Reward Gateway to provide new rewards and benefits platform for its care heroes
12 August 2020
At Exemplar Health Care, we know that our colleagues are what makes us the outstanding company that we are, which is why we invest in them.
Over the past six months, we’ve worked with Reward Gateway to design a unique rewards and benefits package – My FIRST Rewards - which includes lifestyle and retail discounts, an award winning 24/7 employee counselling and support service, and an online Wellbeing Centre.
We hope that this will support our colleagues to stay well and healthy at work, particularly at the moment when people might be facing additional challenges due to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.
Working in care is extremely rewarding but can also be inherently stressful, which is why we offer a number of initiatives and tools to support colleague health and wellbeing.
My First Rewards has an online Wellbeing Centre, where colleagues will find blogs, articles and videos on a range of topics to support their wellbeing, including fitness, diet, money and mental health, and have access to 24/7 counsellors through our Employee Assistance Programme.
We also offer colleagues the option to sign up for our employee paid healthcare cash plan which enables them to spread the cost of everyday health expenses for a regular monthly premium, including dental and optical care.
Retail and lifestyle discounts
My FIRST Rewards gives colleagues exclusive discounts and cashback at a range of over 1000 well-known high street retailers, including Boots, Sainsbury’s, Asos, Morrisons and Currys PC World, as well as lifestyle discounts at gyms, cinemas and restaurants.
These discounts are all available online so that colleagues can save on their everyday essentials without the need to go out and visit the shops.
And for those who do choose to go shopping, they can download the SmartSpending app to access the discounts on-the-go. One of our colleagues has already taken advantage of these benefits and shared:
“I bought a new TV stand from IKEA which cost £250. Before I got to the checkout, I bought a £250 voucher through My FIRST Rewards and got it for £237.50. I used the SmartSpending app so I could download the voucher on my phone whilst in store, and just scanned it at the checkout. It’s so easy to use!”
The benefits and rewards of working with Exemplar Health Care
As well as the rewards and benefits offered through My FIRST Rewards, there are lots of other great things about working with Exemplar Health Care.
- Pension plan – after three months, colleagues are auto-enrolled into our pension scheme with NOW pensions.
- Referral bonus - if colleagues recommend a friend for a care role with us, they’ll both receive £150.
- Paid DBS check – we’ll pay for all new starters to have a DBS check, so they don’t need to cover the cost.
- Blue Light Card – colleagues can sign up for a Blue Light Card and get online and in-store discounts at hundreds of large national retailers and local businesses.
- £1500 welcome bonus for Nurses – new nurses will receive £500 when they complete their 3-month induction and training period, and a further £1000 after 6 months.
- Paid NMC membership for Nurses – we’ll reimburse Nurses for the cost of renewing their Nursing and Midwifery Council Registration (NMC PIN) once they’ve been employed by the company for 12 months.
- Mental Health First Aiders – each of our homes has a Mental Health First Aider who colleagues can talk to about their mental health.
- Continuing Professional Development – we provide a range of in-house and external learning and development opportunities for colleagues in all roles, including eLearning, accredited training, apprenticeships and qualifications.
Read more about the benefits and rewards of working with Exemplar Health Care on the Rewards and benefits section of our website.
Rewarding careers in care with Exemplar Health Care
Exemplar Health Care has a range of rewarding roles that offer stable employment, flexible shifts and full training and support.
We have a unique rewards and benefits package, as well as robust Learning and Development and Health and Wellbeing Programmes, so whilst you’re busy caring for our residents, you can be assured that we’re caring for you.
Find out more about working with us and our current vacancies on the Careers section of our website. Exemplar or speaking to their Values Champion.