Responding positively to complex challenging behaviour
in non-acute settings – sharing best practice
Exemplar Health Care is pleased to invite local health and social care professionals to our Yorkshire conference, on Monday 26 March at Tankersley Manor in South Yorkshire.
The event will give attendees the opportunity to understand how the NHS and social care providers are responding positively to the Transforming Care Agenda. Independent professionals will also share best practice on managing complex challenging behaviour in non-acute settings.
This half-day conference will provide commissioners, case managers and other NHS professionals with the opportunity to seek advice from our teams and other professionals, in supporting those with complex behavioural needs.
- Angie Dyson, Service Lead and Dr Jayne Moran, Consultant Clinical Psychologist from NHS North East Lincolnshire CCG, will share their team’s successful response to the Transforming Care Agenda in the region.
- Patrick Behan, expert in Positive Behavioural Support, will present a CPD-accredited update designed to provide practical insights into the application of PBS in nursing and care environments.
- Melanie Hall, Strategic Commissioner for Mental Health at Sheffield City Council, will share Sheffield’s plans to embed ‘recovery’ and ‘move on’ within the Adult Mental Health residential and nursing market, with a view that residential nursing care should not be viewed as a final destination for everyone.
- Sophia Feurtado, Service User Engagement Manager at Exemplar Health Care, will introduce recent innovations to empower and support service users to have real decision-making ability within our organisation.
Teams from local care homes will also be available to speak to, giving you the opportunity to learn more about their services, view galleries of the homes and discover Exemplar’s growing OneCare service pathways for care and rehabilitation.
With further speakers to be confirmed, we promise the Yorkshire conference will be a day to remember. Please join us for registration from 9:30am. The morning conference will be followed by a networking lunch. CPD points are pending.
- Event: Responding positively to complex challenging behaviour in non-acute settings
- Date: Monday 26 March
- Time: from 9:30am - 2pm including networking lunch
- Venue: Tankersley Manor, Church Lane, S75 3DQ (off Junction 36 of M1)