Peripatetic Registered Care Home Manager
Peripatetic Registered Care Home Manager - New Builds
Experience in Commissioning is essential for this position
Looking for managers to start as soon as possible to help shape our new homes opening summer 2019
This position will be based initally at our New Homes in Sunderland and Newcastle for a minimum of 12 months after the home has opened.
Up to £70,000 per annum
After the assignment you will be willing to travel to any of our homes and have the flexibility to stay away from home for 4 nights per week
You’re the manager, so that means that you’re responsible for making sure everything runs as it should. Making sure that the home is compliant and is meeting operational and financial targets is part of your remit, but most of all, it’s about ensuring that the service users receive the highest possible care.
About the job……
As a Peripatetic Home Manager with Exemplar, you are ultimately the business manager – so your remit will be to make the home a complete success. This means that you’ll be responsible for:
- Identifying new business opportunities
- Managing budgets, ensuring that costs are controlled and that the home is profitable
- Ensuring compliance with regulations
- Working with regulatory bodies and local placing authorities
- Conducting pre-admission assessments and completing costings for prospective admissions
- Creating and developing strong relationships - internal and external
- Leading and motivating your team
- Dealing with recruitment, employee relations and other people related issues
- Facilitating and co-ordinating staff training and development, conducting appraisals and supervisions
- Rolling up your sleeves to deliver nursing care as necessary!
As you can see, this is an all-encompassing role which means that you’ll need to have previous management experience, preferably in the private sector, working with younger adults. You must have a first level nursing qualification with a current PIN. We expect that you’ll be up to date with current evidence based practice with a working knowledge of CQC Standards and Regulations.
We’d also expect that you’re:
- Self-motivated and results orientated
- A strong leader with great management abilities
- Approachable and supportive, with a flexible attitude
- A strong clinician
- Able to make a positive difference, with strong commercial acumen
What do we offer…..?
Your first seven days will be spent in a classroom environment, where you’ll complete a comprehensive induction and training programme, designed to give you all the information that you’ll need before you start working in the home.
Our homes offer a rewarding and stimulating working environment, where you will enjoy a varied role.
Working for an Exemplar home means that you ‘ll have genuine prospects for career development. We have a City & Guilds centre which offers a variety of QCF qualifications, as well as a tailor made management development programme, to help you to achieve your goal, whether you want to climb the career ladder or enhance your clinical skills, we can support you.
- Private Healthcare
- Life Assurance
- 27 days holiday + bank holidays
- Exemplar Rewards- an online benefits scheme that offers market-leading offers and discounts with high street and online retailers
You can find out more about Exemplar by visiting www.exemplarhc.com