Unit Manager / Senior Nurse - £3000 welcome bonus
Care Home: Wykewood
Location: Huddersfield Road, Wyke, BD12 8AA
Hours: Full time night shifts
Salary: £19.00 per hour + £3000 welcome bonus
Our new complex needs care home, Wykewood, opened in June 2021 and provides specialist nursing care for adults living with a range of complex and high acuity care needs.
The home has 40 large bedrooms - each with an en suite wet room - spread over three floors and surrounded by large landscaped gardens around the home. It'll care for 40 adults living with a range of complex needs including mental and physical health conditions.
With excellent career development and the unique opportunity to be part of a team where you can make the difference and every day better.
Wykewood wants highly motivated Senior RMN /RNLD or RGNs with a passion and desire to make a difference! We aim to deliver person centred and outcome focused care and strive to help those service users who are able to transition away from nursing care and back to community living.
We are looking for a Senior Registered Nurse to join the team at Wykewood as our Unit Manager. Being at the forefront of clinical care delivery you will be responsible in providing strong leadership to develop and improve the standard of daily living. You will be empowered to really make a difference and the nursing home size means you have sufficient time in a day to make a real difference to the lives of those in your care.
You will lead the nurse team during your shifts; you will make certain that we fully meet medical, physical and emotional requirements of adults in your care. Ensuring compliance with our clinical governance framework, you will mentor and motivate colleagues, champion safety and dignity and drive continuous improvement.
As an integral and appreciated member of our Exemplar Health Care team you will be entitled to the following benefits:
- Free uniform
- Free car parking
- Clinical Supervisions
- Paid enhanced DBS check
- Refer a Friend scheme - Up to £1,500*
- Full paid induction
What do we ask of you?
- You will be a registered nurse RMN/RNLD/RGN and will have a valid NMC pin.
- You will provide warmth, enthusiasm and compassion when providing care.
- You will always strive to provide great quality holistic care, making every day better than the last; promoting our core values: maintaining independence and dignity.
- As with all our employees, you will be expected to work within our staff values and use these at all times by being an effective communicator and being passionate about your work.
- Working alongside staff teams you will be a team player by coaching and mentoring junior staff, demonstrating outstanding communication skills with a positive and supportive attitude within a multi-disciplined team.
- You’ll be up to date with current evidence based practice and have a working knowledge of CQC Standards and Regulations and will work using your initiative making effective decisions to improve care quality.
- Exemplar provides the highest levels of quality care, and that means care for our staff as well as the people in our community homes. When you join Exemplar, you bring your energy and commitment to delivering the best care possible. Our mission is to make every day better for every one we care for and work with.
Our Values express what it is like to work in our organisation and our colleagues should make these a part of everything we do:
For further information and an informal chat about the role please contact our Nurse Talent Specialist Jane on 07497188234.
*Ts & Cs apply
“There are many career opportunities at Exemplar Health Care and the support that I’ve received has been amazing. Everyone at Exemplar Health Care is committed to not only our residents, but each other. I am proud to be part of the Exemplar family.”
Nurse – Exemplar Health Care