Unit Manager / Senior Nurse
Care Home: Cheshire Springs
Location: Chester Road, Ellesmere Port, Whitby, CH65 6RY
Hours: Full time – ideally flexible across both day and night shifts, on call duties will also be a requirement
Salary: £18.95 per hour + £1500 welcome bonus*
Cheshire Springs will be a specialist nursing care home in Ellesmere Port for adults living with a range of complex care needs.
Construction of the home started in November 2020, and is due to be completed in Spring 2022, bringing over 100 jobs to the local area in managerial, domestic, nursing, catering and caring roles.
The home will specialise in supporting people living with complex mental health needs and neuro-disabilities.
Our person-centred care focuses on maximising independence, building everyday living skills and empowering people to live as fulfilled lives as possible.
We support people on their rehabilitation journey from hospital or living in a secure setting, as well as caring for those with long term or degenerative illnesses.
We provide excellent career development and the unique opportunity to be part of a team where you can make the difference and every day better.
Cheshire Springs wants highly motivated Senior RMN, RNLD or RGNs with a passion and desire to make a difference!
Being at the forefront of clinical care delivery you will be responsible in providing strong leadership to develop and improve the standard of daily living. You will be empowered to really make a difference and the nursing home size means you will have sufficient time in a day to make a real difference to the lives of those in your care.
You will lead the nurse team during your shifts; you will make certain that we fully meet medical, physical and emotional requirements of adults in your care. Ensuring compliance with our clinical governance framework, you will mentor and motivate colleagues, champion safety and dignity and drive continuous improvement.
As an integral and appreciated member of our Exemplar Health Care team you will be entitled to the following benefits:
- £1500 Welcome bonus*
- Free car parking
- Free uniform
- Clinical Supervisions
- Paid enhanced DBS check
- Refer a Friend scheme - Up to £1,500*
- Full paid induction
What do we ask of you?
- You will be a registered nurse RMN/RNLD/RGN and will have a valid NMC pin.
- You will provide warmth, enthusiasm and compassion when providing care.
- You will always strive to provide great quality holistic care, making every day better than the last; promoting our core values: maintaining independence and dignity.
- As with all our employees, you will be expected to work within our staff values and use these at all times by being an effective communicator and being passionate about your work.
- Working alongside staff teams you will be a team player by coaching and mentoring junior staff, demonstrating outstanding communication skills with a positive and supportive attitude within a multi-disciplined team.
- You’ll be up to date with current evidence based practice and have a working knowledge of CQC Standards and Regulations and will work using your initiative making effective decisions to improve care quality.
Exemplar provides the highest levels of quality care, and that means care for our staff as well as the people in our community homes. When you join Exemplar, you bring your energy and commitment to delivering the best care possible. Our mission is to make every day better for every one we care for and work with.
*Ts & Cs apply
If you would like to have an informal chat regarding this opportunity please contact Simone on 07375 924443
At Exemplar Health Care you will work in an inclusive environment in which we champion diversity. We understand the importance of our workforce representing the communities and populations we serve, providing a work place where you are encouraged to be yourself whilst offering our colleagues and our service users support, care and a place of belonging.
Our Equality , Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging vision statement is to ‘make every day better by creating a fair and inclusive culture where we live our values and celebrate our differences, to provide the best care for our community’.
“There are many career opportunities at Exemplar Health Care and the support that I’ve received has been amazing. Everyone at Exemplar Health Care is committed to not only our residents, but each other. I am proud to be part of the Exemplar family.”
Nurse – Exemplar Health Care