Unit Manager / Senior Nurse - £3000 welcome bonus
Care Home: Bennett Court
Location: Ash Grove, South Elmsall, WF9 2TF
Hours: Full time – flexible across day and night shifts
Salary: £43,357.60 per annum + £3000 welcome bonus*
The home manger Helen has worked for Exemplar for 16 years, she started as a nurse in 2005 and has been internally promoted throughout her career, in 2015 she was promoted to home manager, achieving her first Good with CQC in 2017. Since 2018 she has worked as a Peripatetic Home Manager assisting homes within the company to achieve the high standards expected of an Exemplar home. She was promoted to Commissioning Home Director in 2021 and is looking forward to bringing all of her knowledge and skills to Bennett Court to make the home a success and to achieve and maintain the high quality care of the service users we have living within our service.
Construction of the home started in November 2020, by contractor Walter Thompson, and is due to be completed in Winter 2021, bringing a range of jobs to the local area in managerial, domestic, nursing, catering and caring roles.
The home, located in the South Elmsall area of Pontefract, will have 30 large bedrooms - each with an en suite wet room - spread over three floors and surrounded by large landscaped gardens. It'll care for 30 adults living with a range of complex needs including people living with a brain injury, neuro-disability, spinal injury, physical disability and mental health condition. With excellent career development and the unique opportunity to be part of a team where you can make the difference and every day better.
With excellent career development and the unique opportunity to be part of a team where you can make the difference and every day better.
Bennett Court wants highly motivated Senior RMN /RNLD or RGNs with a passion and desire to make a difference! We aim to deliver person centred and outcome focused care and strive to help those service users who are able to transition away from nursing care and back to community living.
We are looking for a Senior Registered Nurse to join the team at Bennett Court as our Unit Manager. Being at the forefront of clinical care delivery you will be responsible in providing strong leadership to develop and improve the standard of daily living. You will be empowered to really make a difference and the nursing home size means you have sufficient time in a day to make a real difference to the lives of those in your care.
You will lead the nurse team during your shifts; you will make certain that we fully meet medical, physical and emotional requirements of adults in your care. Ensuring compliance with our clinical governance framework, you will mentor and motivate colleagues, champion safety and dignity and drive continuous improvement.
As an integral and appreciated member of our Exemplar Health Care team you will be entitled to the following benefits:
- *£3000 Welcome bonus
- Free car parking
- Free uniform
- Clinical Supervisions
- Paid enhanced DBS check
- Refer a Friend scheme - Up to £1,500*
- Full paid induction
What do we ask of you?
- You will be a registered nurse RMN/RNLD/RGN and will have a valid NMC pin.
- You will provide warmth, enthusiasm and compassion when providing care.
- You will always strive to provide great quality holistic care, making every day better than the last; promoting our core values: maintaining independence and dignity.
- As with all our employees, you will be expected to work within our staff values and use these at all times by being an effective communicator and being passionate about your work.
- Working alongside staff teams you will be a team player by coaching and mentoring junior staff, demonstrating outstanding communication skills with a positive and supportive attitude within a multi-disciplined team.
- You’ll be up to date with current evidence based practice and have a working knowledge of CQC Standards and Regulations and will work using your initiative making effective decisions to improve care quality.
Exemplar provides the highest levels of quality care, and that means care for our staff as well as the people in our community homes. When you join Exemplar, you bring your energy and commitment to delivering the best care possible. Our mission is to make every day better for every one we care for and work with.
* Salary is calculate on 44 paid hours per week
“There are many career opportunities at Exemplar Health Care and the support that I’ve received has been amazing. Everyone at Exemplar Health Care is committed to not only our residents, but each other. I am proud to be part of the Exemplar family.”
Nurse – Exemplar Health Care