Unit Manager - Senior Nurse RMN/RGN
Eastlands, Sutton-In-Ashfield: NG17 4BR
Shifts: 12-hour shifts, with the flexibility needed for days and nights
Hourly Rate: £16.85 per hour
About the Home
Eastlands is a nurse-led residential home for adults with complex needs.
At Eastlands, we build our care and activity plans around individuals, supporting, nurturing and encouraging them to live happy, fulﬁlled lives. Making every day better is about achieving the best possible outcomes for those we care for, so we identify goals and outcomes together with individuals, families and professionals.
About the role…
As a Unit Manager with Exemplar Health Care, you will take the role of a senior nurse on duty and have responsibility for a team of nursing and care staff. You will lead by example, delivering hands-on nursing care and providing strong leadership to your team. You will have a person centred ethos and be committed to enriching the lives of the individuals in your care.
At the forefront of clinical care delivery, as registered nurse you will be responsible in providing strong leadership to develop and improve the standard of daily living.
Nursing is all about person-centred care, meeting the needs of all individuals. It is important for an Exemplar nurse to be able to demonstrate a flexible attitude, person-centred care and develop strong relationships with service users and their families.
We aim to make every day better for those in our care, by promoting independence and dignity throughout everyday life
- Working with the MDT to ensure that care provided is appropriate.
- Provide safe and effective processes for the ordering, handling, storage, administration, recording and disposal of drugs.
- Review and document care plans on a regular basis.
- Positively promote the home.
- Participate in training of newly qualified nurses.
- Participate in an on-call system to support the nurse in charge.
- Participate in supervision and training of new and exisiting staff.
- Complying with all legal and regulatory policies and procedures.
- Promoting choice, independence, dignity and respect.
- Adhering to the NMC Code and updating your professional knowledge.
You will be a registered nurse RMN with a valid NMC PIN with a minimum of 2 years mental health expirence.
You are a well organised individual with outstanding time management skills and are able to make decisions and work using your own initiative whilst working collaboratively within the nursing/care team.
Most importantly you are motivated by helping every individual, whether colleague or service user, to realise their full potential and be treated with dignity and respect, making every day better.
What do we offer…
You will receive the training you need as soon as you join Exemplar. Your first seven days will be spent completing a comprehensive induction and training programme, designed to give you all the information that you’ll need before you start working in the home. As an Exemplar Nurse you will then receive training on a continuing basis to help you build your clinical skills.
Your prospects for career development with Exemplar will be second to none because we support, nurture and develop all our staff. We recognise talent and commitment and promote from within. Exemplar can support you on your chosen career path.
Our benefits include:
- £1500 Exemplar Welcome Reward*
- 5.6 weeks holiday
- Paid NMC registration
- Paid DBS check
- Exemplar rewards – retail discounts and vouchers
- Refer a Friend scheme - Up to £1,500
- Employee assistance program – 24 hour helpline
- Pension plan
- Free uniform
- Free car parking
* Exemplar Health Care is offering a £1500 welcome bonus to all new registered nurses and clinical professionals. The £1500 payment will be split over two instalments. £500 will be paid after induction training. £1000 will be paid after completion of a successful probation period. To qualify for the bonus applicants must apply directly to Exemplar.
Our Values express what it is like to work in our organisation and our colleagues should make these a part of everything we do:
** Terms Apply
Apply today and make every day better with Exemplar.
“Every day I learn something new from my colleagues and service users which inspires me to be a better practitioner and a better person.”
Alexandra Ferone, Acting Clinical Nurse Manager