Unit Manager/ Senior Nurse - Nights only £3000 welcome bonus
Longley Park View
£18.00 per hour
12, 24, 36, 42 or 48 hour contracts available
12-hour shifts, with the flexibility needed for days and nights.
For a limited time only for applicants who apply in January, we are offering a £3000 welcome bonus to nurses joining the team at Longley Park View. Please apply directly to be eligible for the welcome bonus and to ensure the fastest possible service from us.
Service users at Longley Park View are cared for in one of four units depending on their unique needs. With 59 beds across four units, each has a choice of two lounges and a spacious dining room. Service users can decorate their bedrooms to suit personal tastes and there are TV points in all rooms. Every bedroom has an accessible ensuite toilet.
At Longley Park View, we build our care and activity plans around individuals, supporting, nurturing and encouraging them to live happy, fulfilled lives. We embrace the person centred care philosophy with individualised care needs.
As a Unit Manager with Exemplar Health Care, you will take the role of a senior nurse on duty and have responsibility for a team of nursing and care staff. You will lead by example, delivering hands-on nursing care and providing strong leadership to your team. You will have a person centred ethos and be committed to enriching the lives of the individuals in your care.
On a day to day basis, you will have clinical, people and general management responsibilities and these will include:
- Conducting pre-admission assessments, assessing client care requirements
- Working with the MDT to ensure that care provided is appropriate and relevant to the individual's care package
Provide safe and effective processes for the ordering, handling, storage, administration, recording and disposal of drugs
- Maintain cost effective controls of all clinical supplies (including ordering, storage, stock rotation and correct usage)
- Review and document care plans on a regular basis
Positively promote the home
- Participate in an on-call system to support the nurse in charge
- Participate in recruitment, supervision and training of staff
- Deputising for the Registered Manager as necessary
- Report all compliments , comments and complaints
- Complying with all legal and regulatory policies and procedures
- Promoting choice, independence, dignity and respect
- Adhering to the NMC Code and updating your professional knowledge
You should hold a level 1 nursing qualification (RGN/RMN/RNLD) and have a current PIN.
As an integral and appreciated member of our Exemplar Health Care team you will be entitled to the following benefits:
- £3000 Exemplar Welcome Reward*
- Free uniform
- Free car parking
- 28 days holiday
- Paid NMC registration after 12 months - Worth £120
- RCNi CPD e-learning – offers support and training for revalidation*
- Paid enhanced DBS check
- Exemplar rewards – Including retail and high street restaurant and Pub discounts, holiday discounts and 2 for 1 cinema tickets.
- Refer a Friend scheme - Up to £1,500*
- Employee assistance program – 24 hour helpline and face to face counselling
- Free financial advice and assistance
- Salary Equivalent to top end of NHS Band 6
If this sounds like the type of opportunity that you are looking for, and you would like to find out more, please call our Recruitment team on 01709 565700 or you can apply online by clicking the Apply Now box
Our Values express what it is like to work in our organisation and our colleagues should make these a part of everything we do:
“Every day I learn something new from my colleagues and service users which inspires me to be a better practitioner and a better person.”
Alexandra Ferone, Acting Clinical Nurse Manager