Unit Manager/ Senior Nurse
£16.50 per hour
£1500 welcome bonus*
Apply online, call: 01977 630830 or Email: Recruitment@exemplarhc.com
We are looking for experienced Senior Registered Nurses to join our team to deliver outstanding Specialist Nurse-led care for adults with complex needs.
We are pleased to announce the opening of our new home in Hull, St Andrews Court which opened October 2019.
As a Unit Manager with Exemplar Health Care, you will take the role of a senior nurse on duty and have responsibility for a team of nursing and care staff. You will lead by example, delivering hands-on nursing care and providing strong leadership to your team. You will have a person centred ethos and be committed to enriching the lives of the individuals in your care.
On a day to day basis, you will have clinical, people and general management responsibilities and these will include:
- Conducting pre-admission assessments, assessing client care requirements
- Working with the MDT to ensure that care provided is appropriate and relevant to the individual's care package
- Provide safe and effective processes for the ordering, handling, storage, administration, recording and disposal of drugs
- Maintain cost effective controls of all clinical supplies (including ordering, storage, stock rotation and correct usage)
- Review and document care plans on a regular basis
- Positively promote the home
- Participate in an on-call system to support the nurse in charge
- Participate in recruitment, supervision and training of staff
- Deputising for the Registered Manager as necessary
- Report all compliments, comments and complaints
- Complying with all legal and regulatory policies and procedures
- Promoting choice, independence, dignity and respect
- Adhering to the NMC Code and updating your professional knowledge
- You should hold a level 1 nursing qualification (RGN/RMN/RNLD) and have a current PIN.
- Experience of Mentorship and a supervisor qualification would be desirable, but are not essential
What do we offer?
- £1500 welcome bonus*
- Free uniform
- Free car parking
- 5.6 weeks holiday
- Paid NMC registration after 12 months - Worth £120
- Paid enhanced DBS check
- RCNi CPD e-learning – offers support and training for revalidation*
- Exemplar rewards – Including: retail and high street restaurant and Pub discounts, holiday discounts and 2 for 1 cinema tickets.
- Refer a Friend scheme - Up to £1,500*
- Employee assistance program – 24 hour helpline and face to face counselling
- Free financial advice and assistance
- Comprehensive induction and continuous professional development
- A challenging and rewarding work environment
- Career progression
- *Salary Equivalent to NHS Band 6 - 7*
“Every day I learn something new from my colleagues and service users which inspires me to be a better practitioner and a better person.”
Alexandra Ferone, Acting Clinical Nurse Manager