Position: Therapy Assistant
Care home: Willowbeck
Location: 95 Holywell Road, Sheffield, S4 8AR
Contract type: Full time, 40 hours per week
Rate: Up to £11.58
This is an exciting opportunity to join our in-house Therapy Team as our new Therapy Assistant at Willowbeck care home in Sheffield.
As a Therapy Assistant with us, you’ll work with our Physiotherapist and Occupational Therapist to provide a high quality therapy service for the people we support.
You’ll play a key role in empowering people to build their everyday living skills and maximise their independence.
You’ll build relationships with the people you support, and see the progress they make through ongoing care, which is extremely rewarding.
About Exemplar Health Care
Willowbeck is part of Exemplar Health Care, one of the country’s leading nursing care providers.
We support adults living with complex mental health needs, neurological conditions including brain injuries and strokes, and physical disabilities. The team is trained to support those living with tracheostomies and require ventilated care.
As well as stable and secure employment opportunities, we offer great benefits and perks, and plenty of opportunities to learn, develop and progress.
About the role
Our Therapy Assistants work alongside our in-house Physiotherapist, Occupational Therapist and Activities Team to provide therapy treatments and rehabilitation programmes.
No two days will ever be the same, but your day-to-day responsibilities will include:
- providing a range of therapy interventions as part of the wider Therapy Team
- supporting people to achieve their personal goals
- maintaining accurate records for people receiving therapy interventions
- promoting choice, dignity and independence.
- encouraging and supporting people to take part in social activities, both in and out of the home
Download our job description to read more: ADD LINK
Above all, you’re someone who identifies with our values of fun, integrity, responsiveness, success and teamwork.
You’re someone who also has:
- a kind and caring approach
- a sense of humour and fun
- a positive, can-do attitude
- lots of enthusiasm to encourage and motivate others
- creative thinking and sound organisational skills
- great listening and communication skills.
We welcome applications from Physiotherapist and Occupational Therapist Trainees, and those with previous experience working in care or therapy.
What we offer
We offer great rewards and perks including:
- regular supervision, peer support, learning opportunities and career prospects
- retail and lifestyle discounts
- free DBS check
- 24/7 counselling and support
- Blue Light Card eligibility.
How to apply
Sound good? We’d love to hear from you. Click the button to ‘APPLY NOW’.
For an informal chat about joining us, call us on 01977 630830 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note, applicants must be authorised to work in the UK. We’re unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of an employment visa at this time.