The post holder will function as part of an integrated therapy team working closely with the Physiotherapist and Occupational Therapist as well as the nursing and care colleagues. You will assist with the implementation of rehabilitation and activity programmes, providing support in direct care delivery where required to enable a therapeutic and supportive culture to flourish within a high functioning team environment, therefore experience in a similar role would be advantageous.
About the home
At Fairburn Vale, we care for those with brain injuries and long-term neurological conditions. Our focus is to provide a rehabilitation support service, increasing independence and developing life skills of service users.
Following an acquired brain injury, we work with service users, families and professionals to develop a care and rehabilitation plan centred around the specific individual. It is important we feel our service users and cared for, are happy and can work towards their specific goals.
- Planning facilitating, and contributing to the provision of a flexible, service user centred programme of therapeutic activities, with a skills, rehabilitation and recovery focus, for individuals and groups of service users
- Providing high quality care to all Service Users in accordance with individual care plans, guidelines and rehabilitation programmes
- Delivering specialised rehabilitative, skills-based work, delegated as part of an individual’s specific support plan, to enable service users to achieve their goals and aspirations in relation to their optimal performance in self-care, leisure and productivity.
- Championing service users’ rights for social inclusion and working with the nursing team to optimise opportunities for this
- Promote physical health through activity and support other team members to expand the opportunities for activities that promote recovery and wellbeing
- Keep accurate records and produce summary reports ahead of service user review meetings which include information about participation, engagement and measured outcomes.
- Contribute to professional review meetings to provide feedback regarding outcomes following participation in therapeutic activity programmes
- Adhere to all organisations policies at all times
- Carry out other duties as will, from time to time, be directed
Clinical and therapeutic
- Have an understanding of the needs of individuals with a disability
- Respect the privacy, dignity, uniqueness and contribution of all Service Users
- Work as part of a team providing a range of physical and mental health services to positively promote the maintenance and development of skills through a process of rehabilitation, recovery and social inclusion strategies focussed on the direct needs of service user.
- Implement specific aspects of the treatment and support plan as directed by the therapy and nursing team.
- Provide a range of therapeutic activities - graded to reflect service user choice, ability, limitations, stage of recovery, and stage of life - enabling and guiding individuals to achieve their optimal performance and personal goals.
- Work effectively as a member of the team to provide a range of unit or community based activities that develop independence and skills, promote recovery and wellbeing and that encourage service users’ participation in ‘ordinary’ community social and leisure activities
- Provide regular and practical support to service users in developing optimal independence, and maintaining dignity and self-respect. This may include support with tasks for daily living and home management e.g. budgets, cooking, cleaning and self-care.
- Contribute information and observations and provide structured feedback on service users’ functioning to inform standardised assessments and outcome measures on behalf of the nursing team, implement and evaluate agreed therapy interventions that support the service user to achieve agreed goals.
- Support and contribute to the completion of risk assessments and contribute to provision of activities and environmental adaptation to mitigate some of these risks
- Support the wider staff team in planning and providing a range of activities that promote recovery, independence, and social inclusion and encourage the wider team to adopt therapeutic approaches in the use of daily activities.
Ideally we would like you to have a QCF (NVQ) Level 2 in Health & Social Care
A full driving licence is a MUST
A strong knowledge of the local community
“There are many career opportunities at Exemplar Health Care and the support that I’ve received has been amazing. Everyone at Exemplar Health Care is committed to not only our residents, but each other. I am proud to be part of the Exemplar family.”
Nurse – Exemplar Health Care