Care Team Leader/ Senior Support Worker
Yarningdale, Ripley - DE5 9SG
Shifts: 12-hour shifts, days available
Hourly Rate: £8.76 per hour
About the Home:
Yarningdale has two units called Wren and Robin, each with ten bedrooms, a lounge and a dining room. Every bedroom has a an accessible ensuite wet room, TV points in all rooms and all rooms can be decorated to suit personal tastes. There is a choice of comfortable lounges and quiet areas.
About the role:
As care assistant team leader, your enthusiasm, compassion and support is fundamental in providing high quality care to our service users.You will be responsible for overseeing the quality of care carried out by your team on a daily basis, ensuring a safe and effective service is maintained. We aim to make every day better for those in our care, by promoting independence and dignity throughout everyday life.
You will work to assist with personal care, as well as ensuring both physical and emotional needs of service users – and in some cases, their families – are met. An NVQ/QCF level 2/3 in health and social care is desirable for this post, equivalent experience may be considered.
- Promote independence, dignity, respect and choice across service users
- Support your care team in carrying out their roles; from assisting with medication and personal hygiene, to supporting organised outings
- Maintain care records; recording observations, activities and assessments
- Liaise with nurses, GPs and social workers to ensure service users are receiving the medical support required
- Review the care and support delivered in a daily basis
- Welcome and train new members of your care team
Previous care experience within a reputable health care provider and NVQ qualifications in Health and Social Care would be advantageous but not essential.
Our health care team leaders will provide warmth, enthusiasm and compassion when providing care to our service users. You will always strive to provide great quality holistic care, making every day better than the last by working pro-activity to meet the needs of our service users. You will also be a team player, demonstrating outstanding communication skills and will be able to demonstrate effective team work. You will lead, demonstrating outstanding professional practice whilst coaching other in your team. You will promote the core values of care, maintaining independence and dignity while assisting with personal care, ensuring the physical and emotional needs of our service users are met.
- 5.6 weeks holiday.
- Exemplar rewards – retail discounts and vouchers.
- Employee assistance program – 24 hour helpline.
- Pension plan.
- Free car parking.
- Free uniform.
- Outstanding career progression.
- Comprehensive 3 day induction program.
- Opportunity to progress and complete NVQ qualifications.
- Refer a friend scheme - Up to £1,500
Our Values express what it is like to work in our organisation and our colleagues should make these a part of everything we do:
At Exemplar, we enhance the lives of our services users, families and staff by providing everyone with the opportunity to develop, grow and reach their potential - irrespective of health
“Every day I learn something new from my colleagues and service users which inspires me to be a better practitioner and a better person.”
Alexandra Ferone, Acting Clinical Nurse Manager