Support Worker - Nights
Ravensdale, Leeds: LS14 2DA
Hours: 24, 36, 42, 48
Shifts: 12-hour shifts, nights available
Hourly Rate: Up to £8.56 per hour (dependent on experience)
Ravensdale is a twenty bedded specialist psychiatric home working with adult service users who present with complex mental health needs. The home also offers specialist care for individuals with Huntington's disease and other neurological conditions. We have a focus on enablement and recovery and have expanded to support three people on an intensive recovery journey. The home is split in to 2 x 10 bedded units and one 3 bedded community house.
As one of the core members of our care/nursing team you will have a huge impact on the quality of life for all our Service Users.
Your enthusiasm, warmth and compassion is a fundamental part in helping our Service Users to feel respected, included and cared for. You will promote the core values of care, help maintain independence, dignity, assist with personal care and ensure the physical and emotional needs of our Service Users are met.
On a typical day, you can expect to:
- Assist with personal hygiene
- Provide refreshments, snacks and assist at meal times
- Take part in individual or group activities
- Provide accompaniment on outings or even just a walk to the shop
- Make beds and general housekeeping duties
- Promote mobility and independence
- Assist nursing staff with clinical duties
- Promote good relationships with Service Users, relatives, visitors and the care team
- Communicate effectively with the nursing team
- Assist with on-going assessments of Service Users, reporting any changes
- Maintain up to date documentation, care plans, charts etc.
- Ensure confidentiality at all times
- Promote the reputation of the home
What do you get?
- 5.6 weeks holiday.
- Exemplar rewards – retail discounts and vouchers.
- Employee assistance program – 24 hour helpline.
- Pension plan.
- Free car parking.
- Free uniform.
- Outstanding career progression.
- Comprehensive 4 day induction program.
- Opportunity to progress and complete NVQ qualifications.
- Refer a friend scheme – Up to £1500 per successful referral
Like what you see and would like to make a difference? Then why not apply today?
Our Values express what it is like to work in our organisation and our colleagues should make these a part of everything we do:
“Every day I learn something new from my colleagues and service users which inspires me to be a better practitioner and a better person.”
Alexandra Ferone, Acting Clinical Nurse Manager