Support Worker - Nights only
£8.21 - £8.56 per hour (dependent on experience)
Lakeview is Exemplar Health Care’s newest nurse-led care home. It is a 30 bed service for adults with complex needs, divided into three 10-bed units (including two specialist bariatric bedroom suites). With expertise across a range of neuro-disabilities, mental ill-health, brain injury, stroke and early-onset dementia, at Lakeview the focus is on what matters to people. Our approach is about making sure people are at the centre of their care whilst involving other people who make a difference in the person’s life – family, friends and the community.
What will your day to day duties be?
- Provide a high level of personal, physical and emotional care
- Provide personal care such as washing, personal hygiene, dressing and on occasion, assisting with meal times
- Promote independence, dignity, respect and choice across service users
- Support social and recreational activities; both in and out the home individually, or as part of a group
- Maintain care records; recording observations, activities and assessments
- On occasion, welcome and train new members of your care team
What do we require from you?
- Caring, kind personality
- ‘Can do’ attitude
- Willingness to complete further training and development
- 5.6 weeks holiday.
- Exemplar rewards – retail discounts and vouchers.
- Employee assistance program – 24 hour helpline.
- Pension plan.
- Free car parking.
- Free uniform.
- Outstanding career progression.
- Comprehensive 4 day induction program.
- Opportunity to progress and complete NVQ qualifications.
- Refer a friend scheme - up to £1500 per referral
Additional info/about Exemplar:
Exemplar provides the highest levels of quality care, and that means care for our staff as well as the people in our community homes. When you join Exemplar, you bring your energy and commitment to delivering the best care possible. Our mission is to make every day better for everyone we care for and work with.
At Exemplar, we enhance the lives of our services users, families and staff by providing everyone with the opportunity to develop, grow and reach their potential - irrespective of health or ability.
“Every day I learn something new from my colleagues and service users which inspires me to be a better practitioner and a better person.”
Alexandra Ferone, Acting Clinical Nurse Manager