Support Worker - Bank
Yarningdale, Ripley: DE5 9SG
Shifts: 12-hour shifts, with the flexibility needed for days and nights
Hourly Rate: £9.21 per hour
About the Home
Yarningdale has two units called Wren and Robin, each with ten bedrooms, a lounge and a dining room. Every bedroom has a an accessible ensuite wet room, TV points in all rooms and all rooms can be decorated to suit personal tastes. There is a choice of comfortable lounges and quiet areas.
- Provide a high level of personal, physical and emotional care
- Provide personal care such as washing, personal hygiene, dressing and on occasion, assisting with meal times
- Promote independence, dignity, respect and choice across service users
- Support social and recreational activities; both in and out the home individually, or as part of a group
- Maintain care records; recording observations, activities and assessments
- On occasion, welcome and train new members of your care team
Previous care experience within a reputable health care provider and NVQ qualifications in Health and Social Care would be advantageous but not essential.are essential.
Our support workers will provide warmth, enthusiasm and compassion when providing care to our service users. You will always strive to provide great quality holistic care, making every day better than the last by working pro-activity to meet the needs of our service users. You will also be a team player, demonstrating outstanding communication skills and will be able to demonstrate effective team work. You will lead, demonstrating outstanding professional practice whilst coaching other in your team. You will promote the core values of care, maintaining independence and dignity while assisting with personal care, ensuring the physical and emotional needs of our service users are met.
- Free car parking.
- Free uniform.
- Comprehensive 3 day induction program.
- Refer a friend scheme - up to £1500 per refferal
Our Values express what it is like to work in our organisation and our colleagues should make these a part of everything we do:
Additional info/about Exemplar:
Exemplar provides the highest levels of quality care, and that means care for our staff as well as the people in our community homes. When you join Exemplar, you bring your energy and commitment to delivering the best care possible. Our mission is to make every day better for everyone we care for and work with.
At Exemplar, we enhance the lives of our services users, families and staff by providing everyone with the opportunity to develop, grow and reach their potential - irrespective of health or ability.
“Every day I learn something new from my colleagues and service users which inspires me to be a better practitioner and a better person.”
Alexandra Ferone, Acting Clinical Nurse Manager