Support Worker / Health Care Assistant
Home: Tyne Grange, NE48RR
Hourly Rate: £8.91 to £9.26 (depending on experience)
Hours: Full and part time hours available
If you are an exceptionally caring person you will want to work in what will be our exceptional new home! You will soon see that we are not a standard nursing home but a bespoke person centred care home and our staffing level reflects that we are able to go the extra mile every day.
Our home will provide care for up to 22 younger adults with a range of complex needs including neuro-disabilities and mental health conditions.
Shifts: A flexible approach is required to cover days and nights, .
- We are looking for thoughtful, caring and inspiring people to join our team of support workers.
- Provide a high level of personal, physical and emotional care.
- Provide personal care such as washing, personal hygiene, and dressing and on occasion, assisting with meal times.
- Promote independence, dignity, respect and choice across service users.
- Support social and recreational activities; both in and out the home individually, or as part of a group.
- Maintain care records; recording observations, activities and assessments.
- On occasion, welcome and train new members into your care team.
Previous care experience within a reputable health care provider and NVQ qualifications in Health and Social Care are desirable, but not essential as full training will be given.
Our support workers will provide warmth, enthusiasm and compassion when providing care to our service users. You will always strive to provide great quality holistic care, making every day better than the last by working pro-actively to meet the needs of our service users.
You will promote the core values of care, maintaining independence and dignity while assisting with personal care, ensuring the physical and emotional needs of our service users are met.
- 5.6 weeks holiday
- Exemplar rewards – Including: retail and high street restaurant and Pub discounts, Holiday discounts and 2 for 1 cinema tickets.
- Employee assistance program – 24-hour helpline
- Pension plan
- Free car parking
- Free uniform
- Outstanding career progression
- Comprehensive 4 working day induction programme
- Opportunity to progress and complete NVQ qualifications
- Refer a friend scheme - up to £1500* per referral
Our Values express what it is like to work in our organisation and our colleagues should make these a part of everything we do:
*Ts & Cs apply
“There are many career opportunities at Exemplar Health Care and the support that I’ve received has been amazing. Everyone at Exemplar Health Care is committed to not only our residents, but each other. I am proud to be part of the Exemplar family.”
Nurse – Exemplar Health Care