Our Support Workers provide a high level of personal, physical and emotional care that can include all aspects of day-to-day activities, personal care and companionship.
This is a career where you’ll do everything you can to help people with their daily lives, whilst promoting their independence, maintaining care records and supporting their personal growth. Along with your colleagues, you’ll strive to make every day better for residents and their families.
If you apply to become a Support Worker, you could start working with us in as little as 3 weeks! If your application is successful, you’ll receive a hands-on induction in one of our care homes and buddy up with an experienced colleague whilst you learn the ropes. There are also lots of opportunities to do training and progress with Exemplar Health Care.
- Support Worker/care assistant - £500 welcome bonus!*
- Yarningdale Nursing Home, Ripley: DE5 9SG
- Hours: 24, 36, 42, 48
- Shifts: 12-hour shifts (7-7) with the flexibility needed for days and nights
- 15 miles away from Mansfield
- 12 miles away from Derby
- 12 miles from Nottingham
- Provide a high level of personal, physical and emotional care
- Provide personal care such as washing, personal hygiene, dressing and on occasion, assisting with meal times
- Promote independence, dignity, respect and choice across service users
- Support social and recreational activities; both in and out the home individually, or as part of a group
- Maintain care records; recording observations, activities and assessments
- On occasion, welcome and train new members of your care team
- £500 welcome bonus*
- Opportunity to progress and complete NVQ qualifications or the Trainee Nurse Associate programme.
- 5.6 weeks holiday.
- Exemplar MyFirst Rewards - retail discounts and vouchers.
- Employee assistance program - 24 hour helpline.
- Pension plan.
- Free car parking.
- Free uniform.
- Comprehensive 2 day induction program.
- Refer a friend scheme - up to £1500 per referral*
Our colleagues tell us that their team feels like family, and we think that’s the highest compliment they can give us. Working closely together, with the time and space to provide exceptional care for small groups of people, you’ll be fully supported by everyone you work with.
“Every day I learn something new from my colleagues and service users which inspires me to be a better practitioner and a better person.”
Alexandra Ferone, Acting Clinical Nurse Manager