Support Worker - £500 welcome bonus!*
Yarningdale, Ripley: DE5 9SG
Hours: 24, 36, 42, 48
Shifts: 12-hour shifts (7-7) with the flexibility needed for days and nights or nights only available
Hourly Rate: £8.72 - £9.02 per hour (dependent on experience & qualifications). Plus a £500 welcome bonus*
About the Home
Located in Codnor, Yarningdale is a specialist nursing home with two units called Wren and Robin, each with ten bedrooms. Yarningdale provides care for adults with complex needs including neuro-disabilities, brain injury, stroke, mental ill-health and dementia.
- Provide a high level of personal, physical and emotional care
- Provide personal care such as washing, personal hygiene, dressing and on occasion, assisting with meal times
- Promote independence, dignity, respect and choice across service users
- Support social and recreational activities; both in and out the home individually, or as part of a group
- Maintain care records; recording observations, activities and assessments
- On occasion, welcome and train new members of your care team
Previous care experience within a repeatable health care provider and NVQ qualifications in Health and Social Care are beneficial but not essential.
- £500 welcome bonus*
- Opportunity to progress and complete NVQ qualifications or the Trainee Nurse Associate programme.
- 5.6 weeks holiday.
- Exemplar MyFirst Rewards – retail discounts and vouchers.
- Employee assistance program – 24 hour helpline.
- Pension plan.
- Free car parking.
- Free uniform.
- Comprehensive 2 day induction program.
- Refer a friend scheme - up to £1500 per referral*
Our Values express what it is like to work in our organisation and our colleagues should make these a part of everything we do:
*terms apply, £500 paid after passing your probationary period.
“Every day I learn something new from my colleagues and service users which inspires me to be a better practitioner and a better person.”
Alexandra Ferone, Acting Clinical Nurse Manager