Maypole Grove, Birmingham: B14 4LP
Hours: 24, 36, 42, 48
Shifts: 12-hour shifts, - Permanent days and Permanent Nights available.
Hourly Rate: Up to £8.56 per hour (dependent on experience and qualifications)
“Maypole really understands my disability and when I need help”– that’s just one comment about Maypole Grove and there are many more like it which showcase the high quality care that the team provide. There are 30 beds in the home which provides specialist nurse led care for adults with acute physical and mental disabilities.
- Provide a high level of personal, physical and emotional care
- Provide personal care such as washing, personal hygiene, dressing and on occasion, assisting with meal times
- Promote independence, dignity, respect and choice across service users
- Support social and recreational activities; both in and out the home individually, or as part of a group
- Maintain care records; recording observations, activities, and assessments
- On occasion, welcome and train new members of your care team
Essential skills and experience:
- Able to work on own initiative
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail
- Time management
- 5.6 weeks holiday.
- Exemplar rewards – retail discounts and vouchers.
- Employee assistance program – 24 hour helpline.
- Pension plan.
- Free car parking.
- Free uniform.
- Outstanding career progression.
- Comprehensive 4 day induction program.
- Opportunity to progress and complete NVQ qualifications.
- Refer a friend scheme - up to £1500 per referral
Additional info/about Exemplar:
Exemplar provides the highest levels of quality care, and that means care for our staff as well as the people in our community homes. When you join Exemplar, you bring your energy and commitment to delivering the best care possible. Our mission is to make every day better for everyone we care for and work with.
At Exemplar, we enhance the lives of our services users, families and staff by providing everyone with the opportunity to develop, grow and reach their potential - irrespective of health or ability.
Our Values express what it is like to work in our organisation and our colleagues should make these a part of everything we do:
“Every day I learn something new from my colleagues and service users which inspires me to be a better practitioner and a better person.”
Alexandra Ferone, Acting Clinical Nurse Manager