Church Walk, Rochdale - OL11 2QX
Hours: 24, 36, 42, 48
Shifts: Days and Nights
Hourly Rate: £8.21 - £8.56 per hour dependent on experience
About the Home
Church Walk is an 18 bed home which cares for adults with a range of mental health needs, including Huntington's disease, other neurological disorders and behaviours which can present as challenging. As one of the core members of our nursing team, you will have a huge impact on the quality of life for all our service users.
- Provide a high level of personal, physical and emotional care
- Provide personal care such as washing, personal hygiene, dressing and on occasion, assisting with meal times
- Promote independence, dignity, respect and choice across service users
- Support social and recreational activities; both in and out the home individually, or as part of a group
- Maintain care records; recording observations, activities and assessments
- On occasion, welcome and train new members of your care team
Previous care experience within a reputable health care provider and NVQ qualifications in Health and Social Care desirable not essential.
Our support workers will provide warmth, enthusiasm and compassion when providing care to our service users. You will always strive to provide great quality holistic care, making every day better than the last by working pro-activity to meet the needs of our service users. You will also be a team player, demonstrating outstanding communication skills and will be able to demonstrate effective team work. You will lead, demonstrating outstanding professional practice whilst coaching other in your team. You will promote the core values of care, maintaining independence and dignity while assisting with personal care, ensuring the physical and emotional needs of our service users are met.
- 5.6 weeks holiday.
- Exemplar rewards – Retail discounts and vouchers.
- Outstanding career progression.
- Opportunity to progress and complete NVQ qualifications.
- Employee assistance program – 24 hour helpline.
- Pension plan.
- Free car parking.
- Free uniform.
- Comprehensive 4-day induction program.
- Refer a friend scheme - up to £1500 per referral
Additional info/about Exemplar:
Based on a 42-hour contract you will actually work 38.5 hours per week on average
Our Values express what it is like to work in our organisation and our colleagues should make these a part of everything we do:
“Every day I learn something new from my colleagues and service users which inspires me to be a better practitioner and a better person.”
Alexandra Ferone, Acting Clinical Nurse Manager