£8.21 - £8.56 per hour (dependent on experience)
By applying to this role you will be considered for both the homes on the Fairburn site, being Fairburn Mews and Kingfisher View, if you have a preference please let us know at interview stage.
Rates of pay
Standard pay rate - £8.21 per hour
Standard pay after 12 weeks - £8.31
NVQ 2 rate £8.46 per hour
NVQ level 3 rate £8.56 per hour
Fairburn Mews is a purpose built service in Castleford will become home for up to 20 service users comprising of two specialist units. Lowrie unit is a specialist nursing unit for people who have a diagnosis of Huntington ’s disease and Hulme unit specialises in working with adults with a vast array of complex mental and physical health needs and associated challenging behaviours.
Fairburn Mews has become the first nursing home in England to be Quality Assured by the Huntington's Disease Association.
Kingfisher View is a newly opened nursing home with a difference! This purpose built service in Castleford will become home for up to 12 service users and has an apartment style layout instead of a traditional nursing home feel. The unique layout at Kingfisher View means we can care for adults with a vast array of complex mental and physical health needs and associated challenging behaviours.
- Provide a high level of personal, physical and emotional care
- Provide personal care such as washing, personal hygiene, dressing and on occasion, assisting with meal times
- Promote independence, dignity, respect and choice across service users
- Support social and recreational activities; both in and out the home individually, or as part of a group
- Maintain care records; recording observations, activities and assessments
- On occasion, welcome and train new members of your care team
Our support workers will provide warmth, enthusiasm and compassion when providing care to our service users. You will always strive to provide great quality holistic care, making every day better than the last by working pro-activity to meet the needs of our service users. You will also be a team player, demonstrating outstanding communication skills and will be able to demonstrate effective team work. You will lead, demonstrating outstanding professional practice whilst coaching other in your team. You will promote the core values of care, maintaining independence and dignity while assisting with personal care, ensuring the physical and emotional needs of our service users are met.
- 5.6 weeks holiday.
- access to train as a Nursing Associate
- Exemplar rewards – retail discounts and vouchers.
- Employee assistance program – 24 hour helpline.
- Pension plan.
- Free car parking.
- Free uniform.
- Outstanding career progression.
- Comprehensive 4 day induction program.
- Opportunity to progress and complete NVQ qualifications.
- Refer a friend scheme - up to £1500 per referral
- Progression to a Nursing career through our Trainee Nurse Associate Program
Additional info/about Exemplar:
Exemplar provides the highest levels of quality care, and that means care for our staff as well as the people in our community homes. When you join Exemplar, you bring your energy and commitment to delivering the best care possible. Our mission is to make every day better for everyone we care for and work with.
At Exemplar, we enhance the lives of our services users, families and staff by providing everyone with the opportunity to develop, grow and reach their potential - irrespective of health or ability.
“Every day I learn something new from my colleagues and service users which inspires me to be a better practitioner and a better person.”
Alexandra Ferone, Acting Clinical Nurse Manager