Skills Development Facilitator/ Activities Coordinator
Parkside, Tipton: DY4 9HJ
Hourly Rate: £8.21 per hour
"I think all the staff do a great job, they have a lot of patience. I admire them and think they are marvellous" - that’s what a relative told us in a recent survey. That’s a great thing to hear about the team at Parkside, a 20 bed home which offers care to young adults with complex mental health needs including Huntington’s disease and neurological disorders.
Working with families, professionals and most importantly our service users, we build care and activity plans around individuals. Encouraging service users to be happy and develop their skills is important. We want to ensure they are working towards their goals, and gain a sense of achievement.
Your enthusiasm, warmth and compassion is a fundamental part in helping our Service Users to feel respected, included and cared for. You will promote the core values of care, help maintain independence, dignity, assist with personal care and ensure the physical and emotional needs of our Service Users are met.
- Plan & organise in house activities, including social activities & events with the life skills team
- Identify each Service Users needs whilst promoting independence and choice
- Assist in the development of weekly programmes ensuring all individuals needs are attained
- Plan and organise monthly residents meetings
- Risk assess planned activites and venues with the Life Skills team
- Access appropriate transport
- Monitor and review Service Users participation
- Help to organise and plan fund raising events
- You will need to be well organised and whilst you should be a good team player you should also be able to work on your own initiative and be able to follow instruction.
- Ideally we would like you to have a QCF (NVQ) Level 2 in Health & Social Care
- Experience and involvement in social and recreational activities for Service Users
- a full driving licence is a MUST
- A strong knowledge of the local community
- Ideally we are looking for someone with a artist flair, whether that be in musics or any of the other arts.
What we can offer you:
- 5.6 weeks holiday. (Pro rata)
- Exemplar rewards – retail discounts and vouchers.
- Employee assistance program – 24 hour helpline.
- Pension plan.
- Free car parking.
- Free uniform.
- Outstanding career progression.
- Comprehensive 4 day induction program.
- Opportunity to progress and complete NVQ qualifications.
- Refer a friend scheme – Up to £1,500
Our Values express what it is like to work in our organisation and our colleagues should make these a part of everything we do:
If you are interested please apply today!
“Every day I learn something new from my colleagues and service users which inspires me to be a better practitioner and a better person.”
Alexandra Ferone, Acting Clinical Nurse Manager