Senior Health Care Assistant / Team Leader
Wykewood, Wyke, BD12 8AA
£9.27 per hour
Hours: Full time shifts
Are you a born leader and ready to take the next step in your career?
Do you want to work in a fun innovative and diverse nursing home that is different from the rest?
Then read on and apply!
Our new complex needs care home, Wykewood, will open in June 2021 and will provide specialist nursing care for adults living with a range of complex and high acuity care needs and your start date will be by May 2021!
Construction of the home started in March 2020, bringing a £5million investment into the local area.
The home will have 40 large bedrooms - each with an en suite wet room - spread over three floors and surrounded by large landscaped gardens around the home. It'll care for 40 adults living with a range of complex needs including mental and physical health conditions.
As a health care team leader you will provide warmth, enthusiasm and compassion when providing care to our service users. You will always strive to provide great quality holistic care, making every day better than the last by working pro-activity to meet the needs of our service users.
You will also be a team player, demonstrating outstanding communication skills and will be able to demonstrate effective team work. You will lead, demonstrating outstanding professional practice whilst coaching other in your team. You will promote the core values of care, maintaining independence and dignity while assisting with personal care, ensuring the physical and emotional needs of our service users are met.
- Promote independence, dignity, respect and choice across service users
- Support your care team in carrying out their roles; from assisting with medication and personal hygiene, to supporting organised outings
- Maintain care records; recording observations, activities and assessments
- Liaise with nurses, GPs and social workers to ensure service users are receiving the medical support required
- Review the care and support delivered in a daily basis
- Welcome and train new members of your care team
- 5.6 weeks holiday.
- Exemplar rewards – retail discounts and vouchers.
- Employee assistance program – 24 hour helpline.
- Pension plan.
- Free car parking.
- Free uniform.
- Outstanding career progression.
- Comprehensive induction program.
- Opportunity to progress and complete NVQ qualifications.
- Refer a friend scheme - up to *£1500 per referral
Previous care experience within a reputable health care provider and Level 3 NVQ qualifications in Health and Social Care would be ideal.
Our Values express what it is like to work in our organisation and our colleagues should make these a part of everything we do:
*Ts & Cs apply and bonus is only available until the end of February
Please call Maria on 07494 894587 in you would like an informal chat
“There are many career opportunities at Exemplar Health Care and the support that I’ve received has been amazing. Everyone at Exemplar Health Care is committed to not only our residents, but each other. I am proud to be part of the Exemplar family.”
Nurse – Exemplar Health Care