Position: Senior Health Care Assistant
Care home: Hillside Court
Location: St Anthony’s Road, Leeds, LS11 8FG
Contract type: Full time and part time hours
Rate: Up to £10.98 per hour depending on qualifications
If you’re an experienced Health Care Assistant looking to take your next career step, we have the role for you.
Our Senior Health Care Assistants work closely with our Nurse in Charge to lead a small Care Team in delivering high-quality care for the people we support.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a brand new team, in a state of the art, purpose built home. You’ll have the chance to really make your mark. Join us as our new Senior Health Care Assistant at Hillside Court care home in Leeds.
About Exemplar Health Care
Hillside Court is part of Exemplar Health Care, one of the country’s leading nursing care providers.
When open, Hillside Court will specialise in supporting adults living with complex mental health needs, neuro-disabilities and physical disabilities.
As well as stable and secure employment opportunities, we offer great benefits and perks, and plenty of opportunities to learn, develop and progress.
About the role
Our Senior Health Care Assistants work closely with the Nurse in Charge and lead our Care Teams in supporting every aspect of our residents’ day-to-day lives.
No two days will ever be the same, but your day-to-day responsibilities will include:
- supporting people with their personal care
- assisting people at meal times
- understanding individual health and wellbeing needs
- encouraging and supporting people to take part in social activities, both in and out of the home
- promoting choice, dignity, independence and respect
- leading, motivating and supporting a team of care colleagues
- ensuring that care documentation is completed to a high standard.
We have higher-than-average staffing levels when compared to other care providers, giving you more time to spend with the people you support.
Download our job description to read more:
Above all, you’re someone who identifies with our values of fun, integrity, responsiveness, success and teamwork.
- caring, kind, understanding and calm
- able to deal with, and defuse, challenging situations
- energetic and outgoing, with a positive, can-do attitude
- a great listener and communicator, able to build trust and rapport with people
- comfortable working on your own initiative – but you know when to escalate
- a motivating team leader.
To apply for this role, you must have relevant experience, a Level 3 qualification in Health and Social care, plus Maths and English at GCSE Grade C or above (or relevant functional skills qualification).
What we offer
We offer great rewards and perks including:
- regular supervision, peer support, learning opportunities and career prospects
- access to wages before payday with fastP.A.Y.E
- retail and lifestyle discounts
- free DBS check
- 24/7 counselling and support
- Blue Light Card eligibility.
How to apply
Sound good? We’d love to hear from you. Click the button to ‘APPLY NOW’.
For an informal chat about joining us, call us on 01977 630830 or email email@example.com.
Please note, applicants must be authorised to work in the UK. We’re unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of an employment visa at this time.