Senior Care Assistant
Meadowcroft, Sutton in Ashfield
|Position: Senior Health Care Assistant |
Care Home: Meadowcroft
Location: Sutton-in-Ashfield (NG17 4BR)
Contract type: Permanent - full time hours available
Shifts Available: Flexible (Incl. weekends and evenings)
Rate/Salary: Up to £10.51 ph (£21,041 pa based on 38.5hrs pw) dependent on experience
CQC Rating: Good (14-Dec-17)
About Exemplar Health Care:
We have over 20 years of experience providing exceptional specialist nursing care for adults living with complex and high acuity needs. We started our journey as a training company, and have grown into one of the country’s leading providers of adult specialist care, with over 35 complex needs care homes in England.
Our vision is that adults living with complex needs can access outstanding specialist care and support, in a community-based home that’s close to their family and friends, and that focuses on their personal goals and outcomes. Our person-centred care is the bedrock for maximising independence, building everyday living skills and empowering people to live as fulfilled lives as possible.
Our mission is to make every day better for the people we support and our colleagues. We’re proud of the culture that we’ve created at Exemplar Health Care, which is underpinned by our vision, mission and values.
Meadowcroft supports 24 adults living with complex mental health needs.
The home has two ten-bed units, which gives it a homely and welcoming feel, and a two-bed OneCare service which provides nursing care in a domestic environment, for those whose needs require they live alone.
Meadowcroft is rated ‘Good’ with the Care Quality Commission (CQC).
Meadowcroft's latest CQC report can be found here: https://www.cqc.org.uk/location/1-112536022
About the Role:
The Senior Health Care Assistant will assist the Registered Nurse and wider care team in the assessment and delivery of individualised, personalised care. You will be expected to lead a team of care colleagues and learners.
The Senior Health Care Assistant will contribute to ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements for quality and safety and meets CQC expectations.
You will be expected to demonstrate a good range of communication skills, displaying respect, dignity and compassion.
To learn more about being a Senior Health Care Assistant with Exemplar Health Care click here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhTunNYaDrA
As a Senior Health Care Assistant, you’ll provide person-centred care to support our service users to maximise their independence and live their best life.
- You will hold a Level 3 (or equiv.) qualification in healthcare
- You will provide warmth, enthusiasm and compassion when providing care
- As with all our employees, you will be expected to work within our staff values and use these at all times by being an effective communicator and being passionate about your work
- Most importantly you are motivated by helping every individual, whether colleague or service user, to realise their full potential and be treated with dignity and respect
- You will be expected to demonstrate a
good range of communication skills, displaying respect, dignity and compassion
- As a more experienced member of the team you'll be able to motivate and lead others by being a positive role model and leading by example
About Your Career:
At Exemplar Health Care, we’re committed to investing in our colleagues. We recognise talent and promote from within.
As a Senior Health Care Assistant, there are lots of opportunities to do continuing professional development and progress in your career if you wish.
We offer a range of in-house and external training programmes, including:
- A bespoke induction including the Care Certificate
- Mandatory and statutory training (MAST) to refresh your skills
- Apprenticeships and higher apprenticeships including the Trainee Nursing Associate programme
- ABC of Caring training programme
As a Senior Health Care Assistant, you can progress into a range of roles including:
- Nursing Associate
- Central Services role
About Your Benefits*:
- Paid DBS check
- Lifestyle and retail discounts at over 250 high street retailers via our ELMS portal
- Award winning 24/7 employee counselling and support service
- Exceptional development opportunities including CPD Certificated programmes
- FastPAYE – access your wage for additional hours worked before payday
- Blue Light Card access
- Company Shop membership
- Free uniform
About Our Values:
Our values underpin everything that we do and ensure that we continue to make every day better for our service users and colleagues. We look for these values in everyone who works with Exemplar Health Care:
Read more about our values here - https://www.exemplarhc.com/careers/our-values
Equality, Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging:
At Exemplar Health Care you will work in an inclusive environment in which we champion diversity. We understand the importance of our workforce representing the communities and populations we serve. We provide a work place where you are encouraged to be yourself whilst offering our colleagues and our service users support, care and a place of belonging.
How to Apply:
If this role sounds like a good match for you, please contact our Recruitment Team on 01977 630 830 for an informal chat or alternatively email: Pod8@ExemplarHC.com
Meadowcroft is a specialist care service that supports 24 adults living with complex mental health conditions and behaviours of concern.
We support people to live their best lives by promoting independence, building life skills and engaging in the local community.
You’ll usually work on one of our small units so you can get to know the people you support and develop the clinical skills to support their complex needs.
Meet our colleagues
Phil works as a Health Care Assistant at our Dearnevale care home . This is his first care job following a 14 year career in the Royal Air Force. Despite not having any experience in care, the induction, support and training prepared him well for the role. Phil loves how rewarding it is to help people in a career in care.
About Exemplar Health Care
Exemplar Health Care is a leading provider of specialist nursing care for adults living with complex and high acuity needs.
Our mission is to make ‘every day better’ for the people we support and our colleagues.
We’re proud of the culture that we’ve created at Exemplar Health Care, which is underpinned by our vision, mission and values.
Learning and career development
Our sector-leading learning and development opportunities give you the skills and support to excel in your role and take your career to the next level.
- Welcome induction and role specific induction
- Care Certificate for new care colleagues
- Exemplar Positive Behaviour Support (EPBS) training
- Role specific apprenticeships, diplomas and qualifications
- ABC of Caring programme for Health Care Assistants
- Leadership and management development programmes
Rewards and benefits
Our care homes live and breathe because of the incredible colleagues who work in them.
Our rewards and benefits are just some of the ways we like to say thank you.
- Paid DBS check
- Lifestyle and retail discounts
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Access wages early via fastP.A.Y.E
- Company Shop membership
- Paid NMC membership for Registered Nurses
Our values underpin everything that we do and ensure that we continue to make every day better for our people.
We look for these values in everyone who works with us.