Registered Nurse open day 28th February 2020 - apply to this role
£3000 welcome bonus (pro-rata for part-time employees)
Our fantastic complex care home Otterburn have a new management team in place and is holding an open day for nurses of all experience levels to come and see how different we really are. With 1 nurse to 10 service users you really will have time to care and bring nursing back to how it should be.
Otterburn, Birmingham: B14 6QX
28th February from 10 am to 4 pm
Hours and shifts available
Hours: 12, 24, 36, 42 and 48-hour contracts available
Shifts: 12 hr shifts, Permanent days and permanent nights available
Hourly Rate: £16.50 per hour + £3000 welcome bonus
Our Mission is to make every day better for everyone we care for and work with.
A little information about our new home manager:
"My name is Eleanor Masters and I have been qualified as a nurse since 2014 but have been in caring professions since 2007. I began my nursing career working on a mental health inpatient unit for adolescents before coming to work for Exemplar Healthcare in 2018. I instantly fell in love with the work we do, the service users we help and Exemplar’s ethos and values. During the time I worked at a previous Exemplar home, I progressed to Clinical Nurse Manager and found the role to be very exciting, dynamic and full of opportunities to develop and work alongside talented and inspiring individuals. This year I was offered the opportunity to move over to Otterburn and take on the role of Home Manager. I have found everyone to be very welcoming and helpful and can’t wait to continue to grow and nurture the team here – we have lots of incredible things on the horizon for the home so it’s a fantastic time to join. If you are a motivated registered nurse and have career aspirations, I can’t think of anywhere better to invest than Exemplar Healthcare at the moment – we would love to meet you and get you on board!"
A nurse-led care home for adults with complex needs, Otterburn aims to make every day better for service users. Identifying achievable goals with service users, their families and professionals ensure they retain some form of independence.
As an integral and appreciated member of our Exemplar Health Care team you will be entitled to the following benefits:
- £3000 Exemplar Welcome Reward*
- Free uniform
- Free car parking
- 5.6 weeks holiday
- Paid NMC registration after 12 months - Worth £120
- Paid enhanced DBS check
- Exemplar rewards – Including retail and high street restaurant and Pub discounts, holiday discounts and 2 for 1 cinema tickets.
- Refer a Friend scheme - Up to £1,500*
- Employee assistance program – 24-hour helpline and face to face counseling
- Free financial advice and assistance
What do we ask of you?
- You will be a registered nurse RGN, RMN or RGLD with Clinical skills and will have a valid NMC pin.
- You will provide warmth, enthusiasm, and compassion when providing care to our service users.
- You will always strive to provide great quality holistic care, making every day better than the last; promoting our core values: maintaining independence and dignity to our service users.
- You will be a team player, demonstrating outstanding communication skills and will be able to demonstrate effective teamwork as part of a multi-disciplined team.
- You’ll be up to date with current evidence-based practice and have a working knowledge of CQC Standards and Regulations and will work using your initiative making effective decisions to improve care quality.
Exemplar provides the highest levels of quality care, and that means care for our staff as well as the people in our community homes. When you join Exemplar, you bring your energy and commitment to delivering the best care possible. Our mission is to make every day better for everyone we care for and work with.
Our Values express what it is like to work in our organisation and our colleagues should make these a part of everything we do:
For further details on the role please find attached our Job Description or call us on 0121 483 4440 for an informal chat.
“Every day I learn something new from my colleagues and service users which inspires me to be a better practitioner and a better person.”
Alexandra Ferone, Acting Clinical Nurse Manager