Position: Registered Nurse - Nights
Hours: Full-time and part-time roles available
Location: Birmingham, B14 4LP
Shifts: 12-hour shifts, Nights only
Hourly rate: £21 per hour
About Exemplar Health Care:
Exemplar Health Care is a leading provider of specialist nursing care for adults living with a range of complex and high acuity needs. We have over 40 complex needs care homes that provide person-centred care and rehabilitation which focuses on maximising independence, building everyday living skills and empowering people to live as fulfilled lives as possible. Our vision is that adults living with complex needs can access outstanding specialist care and support, in a community-based home that’s close to their family and friends, and that’s focused on their personal goals and outcomes. We listen to our service users and involve them in decisions that impact their life and the running of our homes. Residents can become a Service User Ambassador and take part in our Service User Council, as well as having regular opportunities to get involved and feedback.
About Maypole Grove:
We provide a supportive environment at Maypole Grove. People get the specialist nursing care they need, and are able to stay closer to their loved ones. Maypole Grove has 30 bedrooms, each with an en-suite, across three units. The home has communal dining and living spaces, an activities hub, a cinema room, a pub and a large accessible garden. The home is close to local amenities and transport links so that people can maintain their community connections.
Being a Registered Nurse at Exemplar Health Care: about the role
As an Exemplar Health Care Nurse, you’ll work with like-minded colleagues and will be responsible for the care of up to 10 service users and supported by 4 to 5 support workers, as part of a multi-disciplinary in-house team, you will also have guidance from not 1 but 2 clinical leads.
- You will be a registered nurse (RNLD/ RMN/ RGN) and will have a valid NMC pin.
- You will provide warmth, enthusiasm and compassion when providing care to our service users.
- You will always strive to provide great quality holistic care, making every day better than the last; promoting our core values: maintaining independence and dignity to our service users.
- You will be a team player, demonstrating outstanding communication skills and will be able to demonstrate effective team work as part of a multi-disciplined team.
- You’ll be up to date with current evidence based practice and have a working knowledge of CQC Standards and Regulations and will work using your initiative making effective decisions to improve care quality.
Exemplar provides the highest levels of quality care, and that means care for our staff as well as the people in our community homes. When you join Exemplar, you bring your energy and commitment to delivering the best care possible. Our mission is to make every day better for every one we care for and work with. Our approach to nursing focuses on maximising independence, building everyday living skills and empowering people to live as fulfilled lives as possible, which means that you’ll be delivering truly person-centred and holistic care in a community-based home.
Rewards and benefits for Registered Nurses at Exemplar Health Care
Exemplar Health Care has a unique rewards and benefits package for all of our colleagues, as well as robust Learning and Development and Health and Wellbeing Programmes, so whilst you’re busy caring for our residents, you can be assured that we’re caring for you.
Here are just a few of the ways that we like to say thank you.
- Paid access to RCNi Learning Platform to support you to meet CPD requirements for revalidation*
- Paid NMC registration after 12 months - worth £120
- Pension plan – after 3 months, colleagues are auto-enrolled into our NOW Pensions pension scheme where we’ll contribute an additional 3%
- fastPAYE - colleagues can access their earned wages from working additional hours before payday, via fastPAYE
- Electric car salary sacrifice scheme - Registered Nurses can save money on a brand new electric car through a salary sacrifice scheme.
- My FIRST Rewards – with access to lifestyle and retail discounts, an award winning 24/7 employee counselling and support service, and an online Wellbeing Centre
- Blue Light Card - colleagues are eligible to apply for a Blue Light Card and get discounts at 100's of retailers and restaurants.
- Mental Health First Aiders – each of our homes has a Mental Health First Aider who you can talk to about your mental health.
- Paid DBS check - we pay for all new starters to have a DBS check, so you don’t need to cover the cost.
- Free uniform – all of our care home colleagues will receive a free uniform for the job.
- Free car parking – you can park your car in provided spaces outside our homes, where available.
- Tracheostomy trained nurses will receive £22 per hour
- Refer a friend scheme
*Electric care salary sacrifice scheme – Registered Nurses can save money on a brand new electric care though a salary sacrifice scheme. *Terms and conditions apply please speak to the recruitment team or your line manager for further details.
Exemplar Health Care’s FIRST values:
Our values underpin everything that we do, and ensure that we continue to make every day better for our residents and colleagues. We look for these values in everyone who works with Exemplar Health Care.
For further details on the role please contact our Nurse Talent Specialist on 07951 794 598 for an informal chat or alternatively email: email@example.com
At Exemplar Health Care you will work in an inclusive environment in which we champion diversity. We understand the importance of our workforce representing the communities and populations we serve, providing a work place where you are encouraged to be yourself whilst offering our colleagues and our service users support, care and a place of belonging.
Our Equality , Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging vision statement is to ‘make every day better by creating a fair and inclusive culture where we live our values and celebrate our differences, to provide the best care for our community’.