Registered Nurse - Bank RMN / RNLD / RGN
Neville Court, Barnsley: S70 3HF
Shifts: 12-hour shifts, with the flexibility needed for days and nights
Hourly Rate: £17.21 to £18.84 dependent on complex care experience
Health and Social workers are now classed as "key workers" so this role will allow your children a place in school or nursery to help with your childcare whilst at work.
Our Mission is to make every day better for everyone we care for and work with.
About Neville Court
Neville Court is a registered Nursing home with CQC with a consistently Good Rating, We are registered for 24 service users. We provide specialist nursing care services for people with a wide range of needs and this includes; Early on-set Dementia, Brain and Spinal injury, Huntington’s and Acute Mental Health.
At Neville Court we particularly specialise in Forensic Mental Health and Challenging Behaviour. The main home provides a service for 20 people altogether and almost half of the individuals currently living at Neville Court, have come direct from prison and secure hospital settings.
We are experienced in providing care for service users who pose a risk to women and children and have a 10 bedded all male unit providing care for service users who pose a risk within the community. We have a working relationship with the police in the offender management unit and have been vetted by the police for placements successfully in the past.
The model of care is also flexible and for some people we provide a transitional service onto independent living in the community, step down service from hospital or a home for life. It’s all dependent on the person’s needs and individual outcomes.
The ethos at Neville Court, is to ensure that all of our service users are made to feel part of the team. We minimise agitated levels of behaviour by supporting service users following a positive behavioural approach and this includes working within acceptable boundaries.
We have also developed an extended care pathway “one Care” and have two flats for single occupancy and a 2 en-suite bedroomed house in the community, as part of the service we provide. One of the flats include a secure garden to reduce risk to others.
This means people can receive the high level of care and support they require, in an environment that best suits their needs and again this could be a rehabilitation service, step down service or a home for as long as they need and want.
As an integral and appreciated member of our Exemplar Health Care team you will be entitled to the following benefits:
- Free uniform
- Free car parking
- Paid enhanced DBS check
- Refer a Friend scheme - Up to £1,500*
- Full 3 day paid induction
What do we ask of you?
- You will be a registered nurse and will have a valid NMC pin.
- You will provide warmth, enthusiasm and compassion when providing care to our service users.
- You will always strive to provide great quality holistic care, making every day better than the last; promoting our core values: maintaining independence and dignity to our service users.
- You will be a team player, demonstrating outstanding communication skills and will be able to demonstrate effective team work as part of a multi-disciplined team.
- You’ll be up to date with current evidence based practice and have a working knowledge of CQC Standards and Regulations and will work using your initiative making effective decisions to improve care quality.
- Experience of Mentorship and a supervisor qualification would be desirable, but are not essential
Exemplar provides the highest levels of quality care, and that means care for our staff as well as the people in our community homes. When you join Exemplar, you bring your energy and commitment to delivering the best care possible. Our mission is to make every day better for every one we care for and work with.
For further details on the role please find attached our Job Description or call us on 01226 737470 for an informal chat.
Our Values express what it is like to work in our organisation and our colleagues should make these a part of everything we do:
“Every day I learn something new from my colleagues and service users which inspires me to be a better practitioner and a better person.”
Alexandra Ferone, Acting Clinical Nurse Manager