Registered Nurse - RMN/RNLD/RGN - Bank
Parkside - Tipton, West Midlands
Bridgewood Mews - Tipton, West Yorkshire
£17.21 - £18.36 per hour Dependant on experience
To ensure you get offered a good range of shifts our bank workers will be offered shifts in both Bridgewood Mews and Parkside, both homes are very close to each other and on easy commute routes.
"I think all the staff do a great job, they have a lot of patience. I admire them and think they are marvelous" - that’s what a relative told us in a recent survey. That’s a great thing to hear about the team at Parkside, a 20 bed home which offers care to young adults with complex mental health needs including Huntington’s disease and neurological disorders.
Would you like to be part of the team that such praise from relatives of service users? If the answer is a resounding yes, then maybe you should consider moving to Parkside.
About the job……
So, as a nurse at Parkside, what will your role be? It will be varied but the main focus will be on delivering hands-on person centred care to our service users and will include:
- Acting as a named nurse
- Administering, reviewing and monitoring medications
- Assessing care needs
- Putting together care plans and reviewing them as and when necessary
- Supervising the care team to ensure that the shift runs smoothly and efficiently
- Promoting choice, independence, dignity and respect
We expect that you will be a first level nurse (RGN/RMN/RNLD) with a current PIN.
More importantly, though, you’ll need to be passionate about what you do, and that means leading by example. You’ll need to be well organised, be able to work on your own initiative and make decisions, whilst working collaboratively as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
You should be up to date with current evidence-based practice and have a working knowledge of CQC Standards and Regulations.
As an integral and appreciated member of our Exemplar Health Care team you will be entitled to the following benefits:
- Free uniform
- Free car parking
- Paid enhanced DBS check
- Refer a Friend scheme - Up to £1,500*
- Full 4 days paid induction
What do we ask of you?
- You will be a registered nurse and will have a valid NMC pin.
- You will provide warmth, enthusiasm, and compassion when providing care to our service users.
- You will always strive to provide great quality holistic care, making every day better than the last; promoting our core values: maintaining independence and dignity to our service users.
- You will be a team player, demonstrating outstanding communication skills and will be able to demonstrate effective teamwork as part of a multi-disciplined team.
- You’ll be up to date with current evidence-based practice and have a working knowledge of CQC Standards and Regulations and will work using your initiative making effective decisions to improve care quality.
- Experience of Mentorship and a supervisor qualification would be desirable but are not essential.
Exemplar provides the highest levels of quality care, and that means care for our staff as well as the people in our community homes. When you join Exemplar, you bring your energy and commitment to delivering the best care possible. Our mission is to make every day better for everyone we care for and work with.
For further details on the role please find attached our Job Description or call us on 01709 558465 for an informal chat.
“Every day I learn something new from my colleagues and service users which inspires me to be a better practitioner and a better person.”
Alexandra Ferone, Acting Clinical Nurse Manager