Interviews will take place late June or early July with a proposed start date of August!
Tyne Grange is in the process of being built and w ill be a nursing home with a difference! This purpose built service in Newcastle- upon-Tyne will become home for up to 22 service users and has 2 apartments and 2 suite of 10 bedrooms but will not have the traditional nursing home feel. The unique layout at Tyne Grange means that we can care for adults with a vast array of complex mental and physical health needs and associated challenging behaviours.
Tyne Grange wants highly motivated RMN /RNLD or RGNs with a passion and desire to make a difference! We aim to deliver person centred and outcome focused care and strive to help those service users who are able to transition away from nursing care and back to community living.
As Nurse at Tyne Grange, you will be empowered to really make a difference and the nursing home size means you have sufficient time in a day to make a real difference to the lives of those in your care.
Tyne Grange is taking applications from both experienced and newly qualified nurses and training will be provided (including preceptorship for those that require it)
As an integral and appreciated member of our Exemplar Health Care team you will be entitled to the following benefits:
• £1500 welcome bonus*
• Free uniform
• Free car parking
• 28 days holiday
• Paid NMC registration after 12 months - Worth £120
• RCNi CPD e-learning – offers support and training for revalidation*
• Paid enhanced DBS check
• Exemplar rewards – Including: retail and high street restaurant and Pub discounts, holiday discounts and 2 for 1 cinema tickets.
• Refer a Friend scheme - Up to £1,500*
• Employee assistance program – 24-hour helpline and face to face counselling
• Free financial advice and assistance
• Salary equivalent to the top end of Band 6
What do we ask of you?
• You will be a registered nurse RMN and will have a valid NMC pin.
• You will provide warmth, enthusiasm, and compassion when providing care to our service users.
• You will always strive to provide great quality holistic care, making every day better than the last; promoting our core values: maintaining independence and dignity to our service users.
• You will be a team player, demonstrating outstanding communication skills and will be able to demonstrate effective teamwork as part of a multi-disciplined team.
• You’ll be up to date with current evidence-based practice and have a working knowledge of CQC Standards and Regulations and will work using your initiative making effective decisions to improve care quality.
• Experience of Mentorship and a supervisor qualification would be desirable but are not essential
Exemplar provides the highest levels of quality care, and that means care for our staff as well as the people in our community homes. When you join Exemplar, you bring your energy and commitment to delivering the best care possible. Our mission is to make every day better for everyone we care for and work with.
For further details on the role please find attached our Job Description or call us on 01709 565700 for an informal chat.
Our Values express what it is like to work in our organisation and our colleagues should make these a part of everything we do:
“Every day I learn something new from my colleagues and service users which inspires me to be a better practitioner and a better person.”
Alexandra Ferone, Acting Clinical Nurse Manager