Scotia Heights, Stoke-on-Trent: ST6 4HA
Hours: 24, 36, 42, 48
Shifts: 12-hour shifts, with the flexibility needed for days and nights or nights only shifts available
Hourly Rate: £17.00 per hour + £1500 welcome bonus*
Health and Social workers are now classed as "key workers" so this role will allow your children a place in school or nursery to help with your childcare whilst at work.
About the Home
Working alongside our newly appointed General Manager and Head of Care, you’ll receive a high level of support beginning at induction with continuous professional development throughout your career
This is an extremely exciting time to be joining us at Scotia Heights, we have recently acquired an overall CQC rating of "GOOD" in February 2019 and currently awaiting the refurbishment of our new 10 bedded physical disabilities unit. Our Mission is to make every day better for everyone we care for and work with.
Caring for complex conditions:
- Brain injury, spinal injury and stroke
- Complex dementia
- Mental health
A sensory room is accessible to all, where senses can be developed and individuals can relax through the use of music and lighting. We also have a sensory garden, with enough space for summer BBQ's and other events. The garden includes a patio area for relaxing, socialising and raised beds for gardening.
As an integral and appreciated member of our Exemplar Health Care team you will be entitled to the following benefits:
- £1500 Exemplar Welcome Reward*
- Free uniform
- Free car parking
- 28 days holiday
- Paid NMC registration after 12 months - Worth £120
- RCNi CPD e-learning – offers support and training for revalidation*
- Paid enhanced DBS check
- Exemplar rewards – Including retail and high street restaurant and Pub discounts, holiday discounts and 2 for 1 cinema tickets.
- Refer a Friend scheme - Up to £1,500*
- Employee assistance program – 24 hour helpline and face to face counselling
- Free financial advice and assistance
What do we ask of you?
- You will be a registered nurse RGN, RMN or RNLD and will have a valid NMC pin.
- You will provide warmth, enthusiasm and compassion when providing care to our service users.
- You will always strive to provide great quality holistic care, making every day better than the last; promoting our core values: maintaining independence and dignity to our service users.
- You will be a team player, demonstrating outstanding communication skills and will be able to demonstrate effective team work as part of a multi-disciplined team.
- You’ll be up to date with current evidence based practice and have a working knowledge of CQC Standards and Regulations and will work using your initiative making effective decisions to improve care quality.
Our Values express what it is like to work in our organisation and our colleagues should make these a part of everything we do:
Feel free to pop-in any time to meet the team at Scotia Heights or if you’re interested in this opportunity apply now.
For further details on the role please find attached our Job Description or call us on 01977 630812 for an informal chat.
“Every day I learn something new from my colleagues and service users which inspires me to be a better practitioner and a better person.”
Alexandra Ferone, Acting Clinical Nurse Manager