Registered Manager - 6 months Maternity Cover
Pathways, Sutton in Ashfield
About the role
As the Registered Home Manager you will be responsible for the smooth running of our purpose built service in Sutton in Ashfield which specializes in supporting adults with learning and neuro disabilities. Pathways is a homely and welcoming eight-bedded bungalow and we support service users to establish and maintain relationships with loved ones, encouraging everyone to be involved in giving those we look after the best possible quality of life. As the Registered Home Manager you will oversee the success, the quality, the profit and loss, the community and local authority links but will be supported by your Regional Director of operations, the clinical team and a clinical nurse manager. As the Home Manager you will be given a great deal of autonomy and will lead by example, drive your team and push for continuous improvement daily. You will provide person centred and quality driven care and ensure that you make every day better for both the people who live in your home and the people who work there. This is a full time contract for 6 months to cover maternity leave, with the option of it being extended slightly longer. It would be due to start Mid June 2023.
About the company
Our mission at Exemplar is to make every day better for the people who live and work in our homes. Our community-based homes and OneCare services provide person-centred care and rehabilitation that focuses on maximizing independence, building everyday living skills and empowering people to live as fulfilled lives as possible. Our portfolio of 40 homes provide specialist nursing care and rehabilitation for adults living with a range of complex and high acuity needs with a further homes due to open this year. This is an exciting time to join Exemplar where 95% of our homes are rated good or outstanding with CQC and where fun/integrity/responsive/success and team work are our key company values.
- 27 days holiday plus bank holidays.
- Excellent bonus scheme.
- Excellent pension plan.
- Life assurance program.
- BUPA health care cover.
- Access to a qualified coach within the first 6 months of joining
- Paid NMC pin after 12 months - worth £120
- Outstanding career progression with opportunities over 34 care homes and within the central support teams
- Exemplar My First Rewards - retail discounts and vouchers.
- Employee assistance program – 24-hour helpline.
- Comprehensive induction program
- Access to salary sacrifice Electric Car scheme.
- Previous experience managing a care home or service for people with learning disabilities or complex needs.
- We will consider qualified nurses but also consider candidates who have extensive management experience without a nursing PIN but who have great clinical knowledge.
- Commercially aware with evidenced results within the health care sector.
- Profit and Loss experience
- Hold a ‘good’ or ‘outstanding’ CQC report or can show improvements in a service you are managing or turning around.
- Outstanding communication skills.
- Can do and driven attitude; you are a leader who likes to lead by example with high-quality care
At Exemplar Health Care you will work in an inclusive environment in which we champion diversity. We understand the importance of our workforce representing the communities and populations we serve, providing a work place where you are encouraged to be yourself whilst offering our colleagues and our service users support, care and a place of belonging.
Our Equality , Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging vision statement is to ‘make every day better by creating a fair and inclusive culture where we live our values and celebrate our differences, to provide the best care for our community’.
“There are many career opportunities at Exemplar Health Care and the support that I’ve received has been amazing. Everyone at Exemplar Health Care is committed to not only our residents, but each other. I am proud to be part of the Exemplar family.”
Nurse – Exemplar Health Care
Rewarding your dedication
Whether it’s RCNi membership or NMC PIN payment for Nurses, or lifestyle and retail discounts for everyone, we’re always thinking about new ways of saying ‘thank you’ for being part of our team.
Lifestyle and retail discounts - all colleagues can access great savings and monthly discounts on high street shops, restaurants, pubs and holidays, as well as 2-for-1 cinema tickets.
Employee Assistance Programme - all colleagues can access 24/7 counselling and support through our wellbeing partner, Care First.
Pension plan - after 3 months, you’ll be auto-enrolled into our pension scheme with NOW pensions, where you’ll have up to 5% of your earnings (depending on your salary) put into the pension and we’ll contribute an additional 3%.
Paid DBS check - we’ll pay for all new starters to have a DBS check, so you don’t need to cover the cost.
Referral bonus - if you recommend a friend for a care role with us, you’ll both receive £150, and you can refer as many people as you like.
Career development opportunities - there are lots of opportunities to develop your skills and progress in your career at Exemplar Health Care, if you wish. Find out more.