Lakeview, Leigh: WN7 5ET
Hourly Rate: £8.50 per hour
About the Home
Lakeview is a purpose-built, 30 bed service for adults with complex needs, divided into three 10-bed units (including two specialist bariatric bedroom suites). With expertise across a range of neuro-disabilities, mental ill-health, brain injury, stroke and early-onset dementia, at Lakeview the focus is on what matters to people. Our approach is about making sure people are at the centre of their care whilst involving other people who make a difference in the person’s life – family, friends and the community.
To provide support to the Home Manager and to deal with all the administrative functions within the home including:
Providing effective & efficient administration services to all aspects of the Home. The Receptionist is a vital role in ensuring operational effectiveness, by providing HR functions to the home ensuring the smooth running of the Home.
- Provide Support and administration assistance to the home
- Ensure data protection of colleague’s information at all times
- Ensure personnel records are accurate and up to date
- Excellent computer skills including excel, word and email
- Excellent communication skills
- Good analytical skills
- Good data processing skills
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Welcome visitors and social workers to the home ensuring that the visitors book is signed by all visitors whether relatives/friends of service users, professionals or outside contractors
- Maintaining a record of communications received in the home, sole responsibility for monitoring and allocating phone calls to relevant team members, taking messages dealing with basic enquires.
- Filing and other general office duties such as organise appointments and confirm such in relevant diaries
- Ordering, maintaining and distributing of resources such as uniforms and ID badges.
- Take and transcribe minutes of meetings if the Administrator is not available and if required
- Assist in maintaining the absence reporting system within home procedures
- Assist in managing the ATS system within protocol and policy ensuring that effective screening is carried out, recording of interview decisions is accurate, obtaining candidates ID and relevant paperwork if completed.
- Maintain communications with all candidates to progress them through the procedure.
- Set up and maintain personnel files and matrix ensuring the relevant documentation is included such as photographs and signatures and the staff personnel matrix is accurately maintained.
- Set up and maintain training files and matrix ensuring the relevant documentation is included all training is logged.
- Update and maintain the staff immunisation, skin and health matrix
- Update and maintain the supervision and annual appraisal matrix.
- Maintain confidentiality at all times
- Carry out duties as will, from time to time, be directed
You will need to have excellent organisational and numeracy skills and be a good communicator. You should also be able to work on your own initiative as well as being part of the team.
You should also have extensive experience of Microsoft Office packages including Outlook, Word and Excel.
What we can offer you:
- A comprehensive induction programme with opportunities for further training and development
- Onsite training
- Career progression
- Job satisfaction
- Employee benefits scheme - online shopping, discounts and vouchers
Our Values express what it is like to work in our organisation and our colleagues should make these a part of everything we do:
If you are interested in this opportunity and would like to learn more, please contact the Home Manager, or you can complete your application form online by clicking the Apply Now link.
“Every day I learn something new from my colleagues and service users which inspires me to be a better practitioner and a better person.”
Alexandra Ferone, Acting Clinical Nurse Manager