Location: Tipton DY4 0JW
Hours: Full Time and Part Time options available
About the Home
Bridgewood Mews provides specialist care for young adults with complex physical needs, Huntington’s disease and neurological disorders. The last big event at Bridgewood Mews was their prom night, but there’s always something going on to get involved with and the team ensures that the priority is always what is in the best interests of the service users.
Are you an experienced clinician who is highly motivated to lead a team that delivers the best possible care to service users with complex needs? Could you lead a service that makes every day better for service users and staff?
Do you want to join a supportive and forward thinking organisation who values its employees and is committed to providing the best possible care for its service users? We are looking for someone with drive and passion who wants to be part of a great team shaping the service from the beginning. Your strengths will lie in communication and leadership with demonstrative experience in change management.
We are looking for a dynamic and innovative Physiotherapist to lead the therapy services in Blackmoor, alongside an Occupational Therapist and Therapy Assistant. Together you will be developing personal centred carepathways as part of individual rehabilitation for the service users. Your enthusiasm, warmth and compassion is fundamental in helping our service users to feel respected, included and cared for. Working with our team of specialist nurses and support workers you will be expected to contribute to integrated care planning with the aim of enabling our services users to reach their goals.
• Taking responsibility for a clinical caseload
• Carrying out assessments and reviews, (including neurorehabilitation, gait analysis, respiratory care) ensuring that service users receive appropriate treatment
• Using appropriate communication skills and tools to communicate with service users
• Monitoring, evaluating and recording patient progress, modifying treatment plans as required
• Liaising with agencies including GPs, consultants, hospital staff, PCTs and social services
• Liaising with the nursing team and care staff at the care home.
• Working as part of a team
• Delegation of therapy to assistant therapist, activities co-ordinators and support workers
• Attend MDT meetings
• Be an advocate for therapy for the service user
• Maintain accurate and comprehensive documentation in line with legal requirements
• Assisting with the training of other health care staff as required
We expect that you will be a qualified physiotherapist, ideally from within the private sector however this is not essential. HCPC registered. Experience in tracheostomy, mental health, and neurological care would also be advantageous, however, full training is provided via our comprehensive induction.
- 28 days holiday (inclusive of bank holiday)
- CPD accredited leadership training
- Access to the apprenticeship levy for additional qualifications
- Exemplar rewards – childcare vouchers, retail discounts and vouchers.
- Employee assistance program – 24 hour helpline.
- Pension plan.
- Refer a friend scheme - Up to £1,500*
- Free car parking.
- Paid DBS - Worth £44
- Outstanding career progression.
- Comprehensive induction program.
Additional info/about Exemplar:
Exemplar provides the highest levels of quality care, and that means care for our staff as well as the people in our community homes. When you join Exemplar, you bring your energy and commitment to delivering the best care possible. Our mission is to make every day better for everyone we care for and work with.
At Exemplar, we enhance the lives of our services users, families and staff by providing everyone with the opportunity to develop, grow and reach their potential - irrespective of health.
Exemplars Core Values:
*Ts & Cs apply
At Exemplar Health Care you will work in an inclusive environment in which we champion diversity. We understand the importance of our workforce representing the communities and populations we serve, providing a work place where you are encouraged to be yourself whilst offering our colleagues and our service users support, care and a place of belonging.
Our Equality , Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging vision statement is to ‘make every day better by creating a fair and inclusive culture where we live our values and celebrate our differences, to provide the best care for our community’.
“There are many career opportunities at Exemplar Health Care and the support that I’ve received has been amazing. Everyone at Exemplar Health Care is committed to not only our residents, but each other. I am proud to be part of the Exemplar family.”
Nurse – Exemplar Health Care