Maypole Grove - Kings Heath, Birmingham, B14 4LP
Hours: 40 Hours Per Week - Monday to Friday 9-5 - Working across site
Salary Rate: £32,000
Maypole Grove is a purpose built home for up to 30 service users, arranged over three units. Our specialist nurse-led home provides care and support to adults with complex physical disabilities, complex dementia and mental ill-health.
• Taking responsibility for a clinical caseload
• Carrying out assessments and reviews, (including neuro rehabilitation, gait analysis, respiratory care) ensuring that service users receive appropriate treatment
• Using appropriate communication skills and tools to communicate with service users
• Monitoring, evaluating and recording patient progress, modifying treatment plans as required
• Liaising with agencies including GPs, consultants, hospital staff, PCTs and social services
• Liaising with the nursing team and care staff at the care home.
• Working as part of a team
Delegation of therapy to assistant therapist, activities co-ordinators and support workers
Attend MDT meetings
Be an advocate for therapy for the service user
Maintain accurate and comprehensive documentation in line with legal requirements
• Assisting with the training of other health care staff as required
We expect that you will be a qualified physiotherapist and HCPC registered. Ideally you will have some experience within the private sector. however this is not essential, and experience in tracheostomy, mental health, and neurological care would also be advantageous, however, full training is provided via our comprehensive induction.
• 5.6 weeks holiday
• Exemplar rewards – childcare vouchers, retail discounts and vouchers.
• Employee assistance program – 24 hour helpline.
• Pension plan.
• Refer a friend scheme - Up to £1,500*
• Free car parking.
• Paid DBS - Worth £44
• Outstanding career progression.
• Comprehensive induction program.
Additional info/about Exemplar:
Exemplar provides the highest levels of quality care, and that means care for our staff as well as the people in our community homes. When you join Exemplar, you bring your energy and commitment to delivering the best care possible. Our mission is to make every day better for everyone we care for and work with.
At Exemplar, we enhance the lives of our services users, families and staff by providing everyone with the opportunity to develop, grow and reach their potential - irrespective of health, and to make ‘Every Day Better’.
Exemplars Core Values:
If you would like to discuss anything prior to making an application, or arrange an informal visit to the service, please contact Donna Pierpoint, Commissioning Home Director, on 01274 046900.
*Ts & Cs apply
“There are many career opportunities at Exemplar Health Care and the support that I’ve received has been amazing. Everyone at Exemplar Health Care is committed to not only our residents, but each other. I am proud to be part of the Exemplar family.”
Nurse – Exemplar Health Care