Location: Chester Road, Whitby, Ellesmere Port, CH65 6RY
Hours: Flexible, both full and part time will be considered
Our new complex needs care home, Cheshire Springs will open in Spring 2022 and will provide specialist nursing care for adults living with a range of complex care needs. Once completed, Cheshire Springs will have 20 large bedrooms - each with an en-suite wet room. It will provide a community-based living for adults living with acquired brain injuries, spinal injuries, stroke and complex physical disabilities and mental health conditions. The home will be surrounded by an easy-access sensory garden and include a communal hub, living and dining spaces for residents and their friends and family to socialise. And the communal hub space can be accessed and rented by local community groups.
We operate an in-house, multi-disciplinary model of care, which includes Nursing, Physiotherapy, Occupational Therapy, and access to a full behavioural support team. We provide active rehabilitation, community integration, and a high quality of supported living for those who reside with us. Our approach to nursing focuses on maximising independence, building everyday living skills and empowering people to live as fulfilled lives as possible, which means that you’ll be delivering truly person-centred and holistic care in a community-based home. Our Nursing/Healthcare Assistant ratio is amongst some of the best in the UK, with this home’s average ratio being 5 Healthcare Assistants to each Nurse.
Are you an experienced clinician who is highly motivated to lead a team that delivers the best possible care to service users with complex needs? Could you lead a service that makes every day better for service users and staff?
Do you want to join a supportive and forward thinking organisation who values its employees and is committed to providing the best possible care for its service users? We are looking for someone with drive and passion who wants to be part of a great team shaping the service from the beginning. Your strengths will lie in communication and leadership with demonstrative experience in change management.
We are looking for a dynamic and innovative Physiotherapist to lead the therapy services in Cheshire Springs, alongside an Occupational Therapist and Therapy Assistant. Together you will be developing personal centred care pathways as part of individual rehabilitation for the service users. Your enthusiasm, warmth and compassion is fundamental in helping our service users to feel respected, included and cared for. Working with our team of specialist nurses and support workers you will be expected to contribute to integrated care planning with the aim of enabling our services users to reach their goals.
- Taking responsibility for a clinical caseload
- Carrying out assessments and reviews, (including neuro rehabilitation, gait analysis, respiratory care) ensuring that service users receive appropriate treatment
- Using appropriate communication skills and tools to communicate with service users
- Monitoring, evaluating and recording patient progress, modifying treatment plans as required
- Liaising with agencies including GPs, consultants, hospital staff, PCTs and social services
- Liaising with the nursing team and care staff at the care home.
- Working as part of a team
- Delegation of therapy to assistant therapist, activities co-ordinators and support workers
- Attend MDT meetings
- Be an advocate for therapy for the service user
- Maintain accurate and comprehensive documentation in line with legal requirements
- Assisting with the training of other health care staff as required
- We expect that you will be a qualified physiotherapist, ideally from within the private sector however this is not essential.
- HCPC registered.
- Experience in tracheostomy, mental health, and neurological care would also be advantageous, however, full training is provided via our comprehensive induction.
- 28 days holiday (inclusive of bank holiday)
- CPD accredited leadership training
- Access to the apprenticeship levy for additional qualifications
- Exemplar rewards – childcare vouchers, retail discounts and vouchers.
- Employee assistance program – 24 hour helpline.
- Pension plan.
- Refer a friend scheme - Up to £1,500*
- Free car parking.
- Paid DBS
- Outstanding career progression.
- Comprehensive induction program
Additional info/about Exemplar:
Exemplar provides the highest levels of quality care, and that means care for our staff as well as the people in our community homes. When you join Exemplar, you bring your energy and commitment to delivering the best care possible. Our mission is to make every day better for everyone we care for and work with.
At Exemplar, we enhance the lives of our services users, families and staff by providing everyone with the opportunity to develop, grow and reach their potential - irrespective of health.
Exemplars Core Values:
*Ts & Cs apply
“There are many career opportunities at Exemplar Health Care and the support that I’ve received has been amazing. Everyone at Exemplar Health Care is committed to not only our residents, but each other. I am proud to be part of the Exemplar family.”
Nurse – Exemplar Health Care