Marmaduke, Hull, HU3 3BH
Hours: full time 40 hours per week
Hourly Rate: £15.44 per hour
Please note: Marmaduke is not due to open until late April 2021 and therefore the successful candidate will not start prior to this time.
Marmaduke is in the process of being built and will be a nursing home with a difference! This purpose built service in Kingston-Upon-Hull will become home for up to 18 service users will have 2 suites of 9 bedrooms but will not have the traditional nursing home feel. The unique layout at Marmaduke means that we can care for adults with a vast array of complex mental and physical health needs and associated challenging behaviours.
We are looking for Physiotherapist to lead the therapy services in Marmaduke, alongside the support of an Occupational Therapist and Therapy Assistant. Your enthusiasm, warmth and compassion is fundamental in helping our service users to feel respected, included and cared for. Working with our team of specialist nurses and support workers you will be expected to contribute to integrated care planning with the aim of enabling our services users to reach their goals.
• Taking responsibility for a clinical caseload
• Carrying out assessments and reviews, ensuring that service users receive appropriate treatment
• Using appropriate communication skills and tools to communicate with service users
• Monitoring, evaluating and recording patient progress, modifying treatment plans as required
• Liaising with agencies including GPs, consultants, hospital staff, PCTs and social services
• Liaising with the nursing team and care staff
• Working as part of a team
• Assisting with the training of other health care staff as required
We expect that you will be a qualified physiotherapist with at least 1-year post qualification experience, ideally from within the private sector however this is not essential. Experience in tracheostomy, mental health, and neurological care would also be advantageous, however, full training is provided via our comprehensive induction.
• 25 days holiday (plus stats 34 days)
• Exemplar rewards – childcare vouchers, retail discounts and vouchers.
• Employee assistance program – 24 hour helpline.
• Pension plan.
• Refer a friend scheme - Up to £1,500*
• Free car parking.
• Paid DBS - Worth £44
• Outstanding career progression.
• Comprehensive induction program.
Additional info/about Exemplar:
Exemplar provides the highest levels of quality care, and that means care for our staff as well as the people in our community homes. When you join Exemplar, you bring your energy and commitment to delivering the best care possible. Our mission is to make every day better for everyone we care for and work with.
At Exemplar, we enhance the lives of our services users, families and staff by providing everyone with the opportunity to develop, grow and reach their potential - irrespective of health.
Exemplars Core Values:
*Ts & Cs apply
“There are many career opportunities at Exemplar Health Care and the support that I’ve received has been amazing. Everyone at Exemplar Health Care is committed to not only our residents, but each other. I am proud to be part of the Exemplar family.”
Nurse – Exemplar Health Care