Position: Payroll Administrator
Location: Ferham House, Rotherham
Contract type: Permanent, full-time
Hours: 40 hours Monday-Friday 09.00-17.00
Salary: £23,920 - £24,398
We’re looking for a Payroll Administrator to join our Payroll Team based in Rotherham.
In this role, you’ll play a pivotal role in supporting the delivery of payroll for over 4000 employees across over 40 care homes in England.
They will be responsible for ensuring the accurate and timely processing of UK payroll in accordance with contractual obligations and HMRC regulations.
This position requires excellent attention to detail, strong organisational skills, and the ability to work independently. The ideal candidate must have demonstrable payroll processing experience.
About Exemplar Health Care
This is a payroll job with a difference.
Exemplar Health Care is one of the country’s leading nursing care providers for adults living with complex needs arising from mental health conditions, dementia, neuro-disabilities and physical disabilities.
You’ll be making a real difference by ensuring that our colleagues are paid correctly and on time.
As well as stable and secure employment opportunities, we offer great benefits and perks, and plenty of opportunities to learn, develop and progress.
About the role
As a Payroll Administrator with Exemplar Health Care, you’ll support with all aspects of our payroll processes including: starters and leaders, PAYE, national insurance, statutory sick pay, statutory maternity pay, shared parental leave, court orders, student loans and salary sacrifice schemes.
Your day to day responsibilities will include:
- working with Exemplar Health Care’s and external systems and portals to manage the payroll process
- inputting data into the payroll system and conducting audit checks
- conducting reconciliation and variance audit checks each pay period
- managing payroll outputs for validation/sign off
- carrying out duties around auto enrolment, including importing pension contributions to our pension provider system
- reconciling monthly and withheld contributions
- overseeing the Payroll Team inbox and escalating enquiries as appropriate
- processing manual calculations and supplementary payments
- carrying out end of year processing and reconciliations including submitting end of year real time information (RTI) and issuing P60’s
- ensuring that all data is managed and maintained in accordance with the data protection regulations (GDPR)
- processing real time information (RTI) submissions to HMRC when required
- carrying out ad-hoc payroll tasks to support the team.
Above all, you’re someone who identifies with our values of fun, integrity, responsiveness, success and teamwork.
You’ll also have:
- one-two years’ relevant experience (Preferred)
- strong communication skills
- good IT/Microsoft Office skills
- a good understanding of multi-location payroll functions.
You’ll have the support of an established Payroll Team and have opportunities to learn on the job and develop your career through CPD certificated training.
What we offer
We offer great rewards and perks including:
- excellent supervision, peer support, learning opportunities and career prospects
- contributory pension scheme
- retail and lifestyle discounts
- free DBS check
- 24/7 counselling and support
- Blue Light Card eligibility.
How to apply
Sound good? We’d love to hear from you. Click the button to ‘APPLY NOW’.
For an informal chat about joining us, please contact Kerry Kean on firstname.lastname@example.org or 07497 309347.