Care Home: Bennett Court
Location: Bennett Court, Ash Grove, South Elmsall, Pontefract, WF9 2TF
Hours: Full time
Please note that interviews will take place from July onwards.
Do you want to be part of brand new service from the beginning, creating something special in Pontefract?
This role is being advertised for a new specialist centre which means you have the fantastic opportunity to help create the most outstanding home and team environment.
Construction of the home started in November 2020, by contractor Walter Thompson, and is due to be completed in Winter 2021, bringing a range of jobs to the local area in managerial, domestic, nursing, catering and caring roles.
The home, located in the South Elmsall area of Pontefract, will have 30 large bedrooms - each with an en suite wet room - spread over three floors and surrounded by large landscaped gardens. It'll care for 30 adults living with a range of complex needs including people living with a brain injury, neuro-disability, spinal injury, physical disability and mental health condition. With excellent career development and the unique opportunity to be part of a team where you can make the difference and every day better.
With excellent career development and the unique opportunity to be part of a team where you can make a difference and every day better.
We are looking for an established Office Manager with previous experience in an office management role within an office environment and various experiences of finance functions. It would be advantageous if you have worked in a care/nursing home environment but it is not essential.
You will have an eye for detail, be very experienced in the use of computers (Microsoft Office) and be able to work quickly and efficiently, managing your workload according to the priority of the vacancies. The ability to work with various finance, HR and TAS systems will also be an advantage. You will also need to drive and have access to your own vehicle.
- Provide Administrative assistance and support to the homes and central departments
- Ensure Administration within Exemplar works to single best practice
- Provide advice and training to homes
- Ensure and maintain data protection of employee information at all times
- Excellent computer skills including Excel, Word and Email
- Excellent communication skills
- Good analytical skills
- Good data processing skills
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Maintain accurate and complete financial records of the Home in line with Company policies using computer and manual system
- Ensure administrative/secretarial support for all activities of the home including take and transcribe minutes of meetings are provided when required.
- Manage filing systems and ensure accurate and speedy recovery of data and records.
- Distribute received company information as required
- Establish and maintain quality records.
- Ensure that business diaries are maintained, organise appointments and make travel arrangements.
- Secure service user and company property and premises.
- Ensure that all necessary budgetary and statistical information requested is supplied both timely and accurately.
- Monitor the response to telephone enquiries, respond to enquiries from Service Users and Visitors at Reception, and Re-direct enquiries where appropriate.
- Process admissions and discharges in a timely manner on the Caresys system
- Ensure letter required by home management are produced in a timely manner
- Maintain a professional environment at all times including reception area and promote high standards throughout the home
- Support Home Manager with KPI dashboard review and investigate variances as required
Exemplar Health Care’s FIRST values:
Our values underpin everything that we do, and ensure that we continue to make every day better for our residents and colleagues. We look for these values in everyone who works with Exemplar Health Care.
“There are many career opportunities at Exemplar Health Care and the support that I’ve received has been amazing. Everyone at Exemplar Health Care is committed to not only our residents, but each other. I am proud to be part of the Exemplar family.”
Nurse – Exemplar Health Care