Care Home: Yarningdale
Location: Ripley, DE5 9SG
Located in Codnor, Yarningdale is a specialist nursing home with two units called Wren and Robin, each with ten bedrooms. Yarningdale provides care for adults with complex needs including neuro-disabilities, brain injury, stroke, mental ill-health and dementia.
- Provide Administrative assistance and support to the homes and central departments
- Ensure Administration within Exemplar works to single best practice
- Provide advice and training to homes
- Ensure and maintain data protection of employee information at all times
- Excellent computer skills including Excel, Word and Email
- Excellent communication skills
- Good analytical skills
- Good data processing skills
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Maintain accurate and complete financial records of the Home in line with Company policies using computer and manual system
- Ensure administrative/secretarial support for all activities of the home including take and transcribe minutes of meetings are provided when required.
- Manage filing systems and ensure accurate and speedy recovery of data and records.
- Distribute received company information as required
- Establish and maintain quality records.
- Ensure that business diaries are maintained, organise appointments and make travel arrangements.
- Secure service user and company property and premises.
- Ensure that all necessary budgetary and statistical information requested is supplied both timely and accurately.
- Monitor the response to telephone enquiries, respond to enquiries from Service Users and Visitors at Reception, and Re-direct enquiries where appropriate.
- Process admissions and discharges in a timely manner on the Caresys system
- Ensure letter required by home management are produced in a timely manner
- Maintain a professional environment at all time including reception area and promote high standards throughout the home
- Support Home Manager with KPI dashboard review and investigate variances as required
You should have previous experience in an office management role within an office environment with various experiences of finance functions. It would be advantageous if you have worked in a care/nursing home environment but it is not essential.
You will need to have an eye for detail, be very experienced in the use of computers (Microsoft Office) and be able to work quickly and efficiently, managing your workload according to the priority of the vacancies. The ability to work with various finance, HR and TAS systems will also be an advantage. You will also need to drive and have access to your own vehicle.
“Every day I learn something new from my colleagues and service users which inspires me to be a better practitioner and a better person.”
Alexandra Ferone, Acting Clinical Nurse Manager