Care Home: Scotia Heights
Location: Stoke-on-Trent, ST6 4HA
Scotia Heights is a 60 bedded younger persons specialist home. we require forward thinking staff who strive to promote the service users wellbeing and independence at all times, allowing all our service users achieve the best they can for themselves and with your assistance.
- Provide Administrative assistance and support to the homes and central departments
- Ensure Administration within Exemplar works to single best practice
- Provide advice and training to homes
- Ensure and maintain data protection of employee information at all times
- Excellent computer skills including Excel, Word and Email
- Excellent communication skills
- Good analytical skills
- Good data processing skills
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Maintain accurate and complete financial records of the Home in line with Company policies using computer and manual system
- Ensure administrative/secretarial support for all activities of the home including take and transcribe minutes of meetings are provided when required.
- Manage filing systems and ensure accurate and speedy recovery of data and records.
- Distribute received company information as required
- Establish and maintain quality records.
- Ensure that business diaries are maintained, organise appointments and make travel arrangements.
- Secure service user and company property and premises.
- Ensure that all necessary budgetary and statistical information requested is supplied both timely and accurately.
- Monitor the response to telephone enquiries, respond to enquiries from Service Users and Visitors at Reception, and Re-direct enquiries where appropriate.
- Process admissions and discharges in a timely manner on the Caresys system
- Ensure letter required by home management are produced in a timely manner
- Maintain a professional environment at all time including reception area and promote high standards throughout the home
- Support Home Manager with KPI dashboard review and investigate variances as required
You should have previous experience in an office management role within an office environment with various experiences of finance functions. It would be advantageous if you have worked in a care/nursing home environment but it is not essential.
You will need to have an eye for detail, be very experienced in the use of computers (Microsoft Office) and be able to work quickly and efficiently, managing your workload according to the priority of the vacancies. The ability to work with various finance, HR and TAS systems will also be an advantage. You will also need to drive and have access to your own vehicle.
“Every day I learn something new from my colleagues and service users which inspires me to be a better practitioner and a better person.”
Alexandra Ferone, Acting Clinical Nurse Manager