Position: Occupational Therapist
Care home: Fernwood
Location: 239 Knowsley Lane, Knowsley, L36 8EL
Contract type: Full Time Hours - 40 hours per week
Rate: Up to £30,000 per annum depending on qualifications
Are you a positive and encouraging people person who loves to see people making progress? Join us as our new Occupational Therapist at Fernwood care home in Knowsley.
As an Occupational Therapist with us, you’ll support our residents with a high-quality occupational therapy service throughout their journey with us. You’ll play a key role in empowering them and maximising their independence.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a brand new team, in a state of the art, purpose built home. You’ll have the chance to really make your mark.
You’ll build relationships with the people you support, and see the progress they make through ongoing care, which is extremely rewarding.
About Exemplar Health Care
Fernwood is part of Exemplar Health Care, one of the country’s leading nursing care providers.
When open, Fernwood will support adults living with acquired brain injuries, complex mental health needs, dementia and physical disabilities.
As well as stable and secure employment opportunities, we offer great benefits and perks, and plenty of opportunities to learn, develop and progress.
About the role
Our Occupational Therapists provide specialist assessments, clinical diagnoses and interventions to help people overcome the challenges they face with completing everyday tasks and activities.
You’ll work as part of a wider Clinical Team to create person-centred care and rehabilitation plans that maintain and build people’s abilities, support them to achieve their goals and evaluate their outcomes.
No two days will ever be the same, but your day-to-day responsibilities will include:
- working alongside the people we support, their loved ones and professionals to develop and deliver person-centred occupational therapy interventions
- collaborating closely with the Therapy Team (Physiotherapist, Therapy Assistant and Activities Coordinators)
- being responsible for a clinical caseload
- carrying out assessments
- maintaining accurate records for people receiving occupational therapies
- promoting choice, dignity and independence.
Download our job description to read more:
Above all, you’re someone who identifies with our values of fun, integrity, responsiveness, success and teamwork.
You’re also someone who has:
- a thorough understanding of occupational therapy best practice
- the ability to demonstrate an excellent range of occupational therapy interventions and treatments
- a kind and caring approach
- a sense of humour and fun
- a positive, can-do attitude
- lots of enthusiasm to encourage and motivate others
- creative thinking and sound organisational skills
- great listening and communication skills.
You’ll put people at the heart of everything you do.
To apply for this role, you must have a BSc or MSc in Occupational Therapy and be HCPC registered.
What we offer
We offer great rewards and perks including:
- regular supervision, peer support, learning opportunities and career prospects
- retail and lifestyle discounts
- free DBS check
- 24/7 counselling and support
- Blue Light Card eligibility.
How to apply
Sound good? We’d love to hear from you. Click the button to ‘APPLY NOW’.
For an informal chat about joining us, call contact our Specialist Recruiter Nicole Bramhall on email@example.com