Position: Occupational Therapist -
Care Home: Blackmoor and Otterburn
Location: Birmingham (B33 & B14)
Contract type: Full time 40 hours
Shifts Available: Flexibility required
About Exemplar Health Care:
We have over 20 years of experience providing exceptional specialist nursing care for adults living with complex and high acuity needs. We started our journey as a training company, and have grown into one of the country’s leading providers of adult specialist care, with over 35 complex needs care homes in England.
Our vision is that adults living with complex needs can access outstanding specialist care and support, in a community-based home that’s close to their family and friends, and that focuses on their personal goals and outcomes. Our person-centred care is the bedrock for maximising independence, building everyday living skills and empowering people to live as fulfilled lives as possible.
Our mission is to make every day better for the people we support and our colleagues. We’re proud of the culture that we’ve created at Exemplar Health Care, which is underpinned by our vision, mission and values.
Blackmoor supports 30 adults living with a range of complex needs including neuro-disabilities, complex mental health needs, dementia and physical disabilities.
The home has three ten-bed units, which gives it a homely and welcoming feel. One of the units is exclusively for those who identify as male, and another for those who identify as female.
Blackmoor opened in September 2021.
To take a virtual tour of Blackmoor click here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGKH-LF3E9M
Otterburn supports 30 adults living with complex mental health needs, neuro-disabilities and physical disabilities.
The home has three ten-bed units, which gives it a homely and welcoming feel.
Otterburn is rated ‘Good’ with the Care Quality Commission (CQC) and has an average rating of 4.2 out of 5 on carehome.co.uk.
Otterburn's latest CQC report can be found here: https://www.cqc.org.uk/location/1-168465808
To take a virtual tour of Otterburn click here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3Zx9YaUlaw
About the role:
Working across two sites, we expect that you will be a qualified Occupational Therapist with at least 1-year post qualification experience, ideally from within the private sector however this is not essential. Experience acquired brain injury, mental health, and neurological care would also be advantageous, however, full training is provided via our comprehensive induction.
Occupational Therapist Key Duties:
- Taking responsibility for a clinical caseload
- Carrying out assessments and reviews, ensuring that service users receive appropriate treatment
- Using appropriate communication skills and tools to communicate with service users
- Monitoring, evaluating and recording patient progress, modifying treatment plans as required
- Liaising with agencies including GPs, consultants, hospital staff, PCTs and social services
- Liaising with the nursing team and care staff
- Working as part of a team
- Assisting with the training of other health care staff as required
- 25 days holiday (plus stats 34 days)
- My FIRST Rewards, with access to lifestyle and retail discounts, an award winning 24/7 employee counselling and support service, and an online Wellbeing Centre
- Pension plan
- Free car parking
- Paid DBS check, we pay for all new starters to have a DBS check where required, so you don’t need to cover the cost
- Comprehensive 4-day induction program
About Our Values:
At Exemplar Health Care, our FIRST values underpin everything that we do and ensure that we continue to make every day better for our residents and colleagues; our values are:
Equality, Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging:
At Exemplar Health Care you will work in an inclusive environment in which we champion diversity. We understand the importance of our workforce representing the communities and populations we serve. We provide a work place where you are encouraged to be yourself whilst offering our colleagues and our service users support, care and a place of belonging.
How to Apply: