Tyne Grange, Newcastle upon Tyne
Home: Tyne Grange
Location: Newcastle (NE4 8RR)
Hours: 40 hours
Salary: £30,000 per annum
About Exemplar Health Care:
We have over 20 years of experience providing exceptional specialist nursing care for adults living with complex and high acuity needs. We started our journey as a training company, and have grown into one of the country’s leading providers of adult specialist care, with over 40 complex needs care homes in England.
Our vision is that adults living with complex needs can access outstanding specialist care and support, in a community-based home that’s close to their family and friends, and that focuses on their personal goals and outcomes. Our person-centred care is the bedrock for maximising independence, building everyday living skills and empowering people to live as fulfilled lives as possible.
Our mission is to make every day better for the people we support and our colleagues. We’re proud of the culture that we’ve created at Exemplar Health Care, which is underpinned by our vision, mission and values.
About Tyne Grange:
Tyne Grange complex needs care home in Newcastle upon Tyne provides safe, person-centred care and rehabilitation for younger adults living with acquired brain injuries, complex mental health needs and neuro-disabilities, including those who display behaviours of concern.
We support people on their rehabilitation journey from hospital or living in a secure setting to community-based living. We also provide long term support for people living with degenerative or life-limiting illnesses.
About the Role:
We are looking for a dynamic and innovative experienced or newly qualified Occupational Therapist to support the therapy services in Shire Oaks Court, alongside a Physiotherapist and Therapy Assistant. Together you will be developing person centred care pathways as part of individual rehabilitation for the service users. Your enthusiasm, warmth and compassion is fundamental in helping our service users to feel respected, included and cared for.
Working with our team of specialist nurses and support workers you will be expected to contribute to integrated care planning with the aim of enabling our services users to reach their goals.
- Taking responsibility for a clinical caseload
- Carrying out assessments and reviews, (including neuro and cognitive rehabilitation, facilitating independence with skills for life) ensuring that service users receive appropriate treatment
- Using appropriate communication skills and tools to communicate with service users
- Monitoring, evaluating and recording patient progress, modifying treatment plans as required
- Liaising with agencies including GPs, consultants, hospital staff, PCTs and social services
- Liaising with the nursing team and care staff at the care home.
- Working as part of a team
- Delegation of therapy to assistant therapist, activities co-ordinators and support workers
- Lead professional for the Activities service
- Attend MDT meetings
- Be an advocate for therapy for the service user
- Maintain accurate and comprehensive documentation in line with legal requirements
- Assisting with the training of other health care staff as required
- We expect that you will be a qualified, or newly qualified Occupational Therapist, ideally with some experience within the private sector however this is not essential.
- HCPC Registered.
- Experience acquired brain injury, mental health, and neurological care would also be advantageous, however, full training is provided via our comprehensive induction.
- 25 days annual leave plus stats
- Exemplar rewards – childcare vouchers, lifestyle and retail discounts
- Employee assistance programme: 24/7 support and counselling service
- Blue Light Card
- Healthcare Cash Plan
- Pension plan.
- Free car parking.
- Paid DBS
- Outstanding career progression.
- Comprehensive induction program.
About Our Values:
At Exemplar Health Care, our FIRST values underpin everything that we do and ensure that we continue to make every day better for our residents and colleagues; our values are:
Equality, Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging:
At Exemplar Health Care you will work in an inclusive environment in which we champion diversity. We understand the importance of our workforce representing the communities and populations we serve. We provide a work place where you are encouraged to be yourself whilst offering our colleagues and our service users support, care and a place of belonging.
For further details on the role please contact Grace Cockroft - Health Care Recruiter on firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note we only accept applications from U.K based applicants
“There are many career opportunities at Exemplar Health Care and the support that I’ve received has been amazing. Everyone at Exemplar Health Care is committed to not only our residents, but each other. I am proud to be part of the Exemplar family.”
Nurse – Exemplar Health Care
Rewarding your dedication
Whether it’s RCNi membership or NMC PIN payment for Nurses, or lifestyle and retail discounts for everyone, we’re always thinking about new ways of saying ‘thank you’ for being part of our team.
Lifestyle and retail discounts - all colleagues can access great savings and monthly discounts on high street shops, restaurants, pubs and holidays, as well as 2-for-1 cinema tickets.
Employee Assistance Programme - all colleagues can access 24/7 counselling and support through our wellbeing partner, Care First.
Pension plan - after 3 months, you’ll be auto-enrolled into our pension scheme with NOW pensions, where you’ll have up to 5% of your earnings (depending on your salary) put into the pension and we’ll contribute an additional 3%.
Paid DBS check - we’ll pay for all new starters to have a DBS check, so you don’t need to cover the cost.
Referral bonus - if you recommend a friend for a care role with us, you’ll both receive £150, and you can refer as many people as you like.
Career development opportunities - there are lots of opportunities to develop your skills and progress in your career at Exemplar Health Care, if you wish. Find out more.