Fairburn Vale and Kingfisher View, Castleford: WF10 2PY
Hourly Rate: Up to £16.20 per hour (dependent on experience)
This role is being advertised to work equally across two services on the same site.
About the Homes
Kingfisher View is a specialist care service that supports people living with complex and high acuity needs. The service has seven single and dual occupancy apartments that support 12 adults living with complex mental health needs, acquired brain injury, schizophrenia and dementia.
Fairburn Vale focuses on maximising independence, building everyday living skills and empowering people to live as fulfilled lives as possible. The home has two 10-bed units which promotes small group living, and an in-house Physiotherapist and Life Skills Coordinators to support people to achieve their rehabilitation goals.
Following an acquired brain injury, we work with service users, families and professionals to develop a care and rehabilitation plan centred around the specific individual. It is important we feel our service users and cared for, are happy and can work towards their specific goals.
- Taking responsibility for a clinical caseload
- Carrying out assessments and reviews, ensuring that service users receive appropriate treatment
- Using appropriate communication skills and tools to communicate with service users
- Monitoring, evaluating and recording patient progress, modifying treatment plans as required
- Liaising with agencies including GPs, consultants, hospital staff, PCTs and social services
- Liaising with the nursing team and care staff
- Working as part of a team
- Assisting with the training of other health care staff as required
- 28 days holiday
- Exemplar rewards – retail discounts and vouchers
- Employee assistance program – 24 hour helpline
- Pension plan
- Refer a friend scheme - Up to £1,500
- Free car parking
- Paid DBS - Worth £44
- Outstanding career progression
- Comprehensive 4-day induction program
Our Values express what it is like to work in our organisation and our colleagues should make these a part of everything we do:
At Exemplar Health Care you will work in an inclusive environment in which we champion diversity. We understand the importance of our workforce representing the communities and populations we serve, providing a work place where you are encouraged to be yourself whilst offering our colleagues and our service users support, care and a place of belonging.
Our Equality , Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging vision statement is to ‘make every day better by creating a fair and inclusive culture where we live our values and celebrate our differences, to provide the best care for our community’.
“There are many career opportunities at Exemplar Health Care and the support that I’ve received has been amazing. Everyone at Exemplar Health Care is committed to not only our residents, but each other. I am proud to be part of the Exemplar family.”
Nurse – Exemplar Health Care