Location: Brook View, Aintree University Hospital, Liverpool, L9 7JU
Hours: Part Time (24 Hours)
Salary: £12.50 Per Hour
About the home
Our home provides care for up to 32 younger adults with a range of complex needs including neuro-disabilities and mental health conditions. We expect nurse health Care assistant ratio to be 1 nurse and 5 or 6 healthcare assistants to 10 residents, dependent on the individual need of the person in our care.
- Taking responsibility for a clinical caseload
- Carrying out assessments and reviews, (including neuro and cognitive rehabilitation, facilitating independence with skills for life) ensuring that service users receive appropriate treatment
- Using appropriate communication skills and tools to communicate with service users
- Monitoring, evaluating and recording patient progress, modifying treatment plans as required
- Liaising with agencies including GPs, consultants, hospital staff, PCTs and social services
- Liaising with the nursing team and care staff at the care home.
- Working as part of a team
- Delegation of therapy to assistant therapist, activities co-ordinators and support workers
- Lead professional for the Activities service
- Attend MDT meetings
- Be an advocate for therapy for the service user
- Maintain accurate and comprehensive documentation in line with legal requirements
- Assisting with the training of other health care staff as required
- We expect that you will be a qualified or newly qualified Occupational Therapist ideally with some experience within the private sector however this is not essential.
- HCPC Registered.
- Experience acquired brain injury, mental health, and neurological care would also be advantageous, however, full training is provided via our comprehensive induction.
- 28 days holiday including stats
- Exemplar rewards – childcare vouchers, retail discounts and vouchers.
- Employee assistance program – 24 hour helpline.
- Pension plan.
- Free car parking.
- Paid DBS - Worth £44
- Outstanding career progression.
- Comprehensive induction program.
Additional info/about Exemplar:
Exemplar provides the highest levels of quality care, and that means care for our staff as well as the people in our community homes. When you join Exemplar, you bring your energy and commitment to delivering the best care possible. Our mission is to make every day better for everyone we care for and work with.
At Exemplar, we enhance the lives of our services users, families and staff by providing everyone with the opportunity to develop, grow and reach their potential - irrespective of health.
Exemplars Core Values:
At Exemplar Health Care you will work in an inclusive environment in which we champion diversity. We understand the importance of our workforce representing the communities and populations we serve, providing a work place where you are encouraged to be yourself whilst offering our colleagues and our service users support, care and a place of belonging.
Our Equality , Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging vision statement is to ‘make every day better by creating a fair and inclusive culture where we live our values and celebrate our differences, to provide the best care for our community’.
“There are many career opportunities at Exemplar Health Care and the support that I’ve received has been amazing. Everyone at Exemplar Health Care is committed to not only our residents, but each other. I am proud to be part of the Exemplar family.”
Nurse – Exemplar Health Care